Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Blender Pot

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Peter Rabbit, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit Tele-Holic

Sep 17, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    When using a double wafer blend pot, are the pups in series or parallel?

2. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Friend of Leo's

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Usually in parallel, where pot CENTERED has both pickups operating equally, and rolling pot fore and aft of the center selects that pickup while simultaneously decreasing the output from the other pickup.

That being said, similar operation CAN be obtained with the pickups in series (sorta like Duo Sonic selection).

Here's what StewMac has (second paragraph): https://www.stewmac.com/How-To/Onli..._Electronics_and_Wiring/Blend_Pot_Wiring.html

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  3. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I did not know this?

One of my gripes of my Firebird VII wiring is that middle when blended in drains the bridge pickup. It works in reverse too where 0=10 & vice versa.

I found a Dimarzio diagram where the middle gets it's own V/T & the bridge/neck has a shared V/T.

4. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Friend of Leo's

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Notice the word used by OP: POT as in resistive potentiometer, not SWITCH as in toggle or rotary wafer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.