Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

blender control on 51 RI Nocaster

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Joe M, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Michigan
    I know that changing the pu selector switch on a 52 RI to the "modern" setting is a pretty easy, straight-forward job. I just bought a 51 Nocaster with the blend control and after playing it for a week, I just can't get used to not having the "normal" pickup selections. Is the wiring change the same as on a 52 reissue or, because of the blend control, is the rewiring different?? Thanks for any help....

2. Doug S.

Doug S. Tele-Meister

Mar 21, 2003
    Douglasville, GA
    I also just got a Nocaster with stock wiring and decided to hang in there with the blend control for a while. I've played Tele's for years and rarely, if ever, use the tone control in live playing. I've never been real satisfied with the "modern" middle switch position--too dry. After playing around with the "blend control" in switch position #1, I find that I can still get a raw twang out of the neck pup with the blend all the way clockwise, and backing it off about 1/3 to 1/2 gives me a slightly warmer, thicker lead tone. Re: switch position #2: I've always used the neck pup for rythm, as well as for blues leads and the Nocaster neck pup is great for that. No need for the tone control there. Switch position #3 (the pre-set with all the high rolled off) is pretty much useless, but I like the "clack" and "pop" you get when you switch to it.

3. JCollins

JCollins Tele-Holic

Mar 21, 2003
    Pleasanton, CA
    The components in your blender Nocaster are the same components you use for the change to modern wiring. Both the volume and blender pots are 250K audio pots, which is what you need.

4. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues Tele-Holic

Mar 24, 2003
    Northern New Mexico
    Anybody got a schematic of the Blend Control wiring configuration? My Nocaster came with the modern wiring and I'd like to set it up with the Blender wiring.

Currently I have it wired with a 4-way switch and a no load tone pot, which I built on a new control plate. Works great, but I'd like to build a third control plate.

5. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Michigan
    Hey Deacon,
    Post this over on the main page; I know Fuzzy's got a diagram, I've seen him post it before. I'm not sure how often he visits this page.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.