Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Blasphemy? "Yes, cargo shorts really are that bad — here's what you should wear instead"

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jackinjax, May 13, 2017.

1. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Holic

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    No disrespect to your lifestyle choice, but those shorts hold no attraction now I know this

Gibson likes this.
  2. radiocaster

radiocaster Tele-Afflicted

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    You must have been really hip to wear them in the early 90s, nobody had them back then, they became popular in the late 90s.

What modern fishing gear do you recommend now?

jackinjax likes this.
  3. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Holic

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    I worked with aome military type in the early 90s who alwjays wore camo combat trousers.... until summer when he cut them off into long shorts

He preferred arctic camo, and said it would be v fashionable some day

Not sure if that day came

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I've worn cargos since the 80's, when I first cut off and hemmed a pair of BDU pants that had the lower leg nearly torn off. I was really happy the first time I discovered essentially the same thing available off the rack.

soulgeezer likes this.
  6. therealfindo

therealfindo Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2012
    Germany
    It must really grate for some you RealMen(tm) that Telecasters are pretty popular with chino-wearing city-boy flat-brimmed millennial hipsters

7. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Only as apartment decorations, since the Ironman movies came out.

1955 likes this.
  8. therealfindo

therealfindo Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2012
    Germany
    Please.. unless it was shot and projected on 70mm we didn't see it.

waparker4 likes this.
  9. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Feb 24, 2005
    FL
    I see the author lives in NYC, probably in his mother's basement in Queens. let him get his ass down to Florida for a year and see how he feels about cargo shorts then.

NightOwl likes this.
  10. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

Personally I thought the cargo short pic looked way better than the metrosexual alternative.

NightOwl, william tele and Felino like this.
  11. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    His 'n hers?

blackguts, shinigami747, 1955 and 3 others like this.
  12. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    Maine
  13. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    I really feel the simplicity of your style. It seems like a relaxed rig. I put up with having to dress for school church lunch at my in laws second cousins easter party work.
    who in the f*casiato was I trying to impress. my social calender has a rule , If I have to dress for the event I'm not going. I went to a ordeal where I was being recognised as somebody that did , for once, the right thing. business suites were there, administrators, some folks from the city and others who thought that they were important, but in reality don't do sh*t for ghost town or dog town, back slapping and telling each other how important each other wants to be.... blue jeans t-shirt, motorcycle jacket, Birkenstocks, no socks. do I offend you? If I do I'm certainly glad to do so.
    Authticity, that's the juiciest part of being around other folks for me, just like my music or trash art.

14. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

Funny!!! Thanks for that. Got a real laugh out of it!

15. Greenmachine

Greenmachine Tele-Holic

Nov 28, 2011
    New Jersey
    Hey! ... I sit down to pee.

Less drip to clean up. The women folk like it.

16. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Anyone taking fashion advice from Business Insider clearly hasn't a clue about dressing themselves.

17. therealfindo

therealfindo Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2012
    Germany
    That sounds like a truly epic event! Not just any school church lunch..

18. jackinjax

jackinjax Tele-Afflicted

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    I sold my boat in '93, gave away all my fishing gear by '95 and took up golf for the second time. I had Shimano rods and reels. Great stuff.
    Callaway irons, Cobra woods, and Odyssey putter.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I don't believe I'da tol' that if I was you'se brother! :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:

20. jackinjax

jackinjax Tele-Afflicted

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    Next he'll tell us he wipes instead of shaking.:rolleyes:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  21. moosie

moosie Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I'm sitting here (no pun, not peeing) scratchin my head, wondering how in the heck you can hit the little bug you just found crawling in your house - wrong place, wrong time. Sittin' ... I'd be skeered it'd grab on 'n' crawl up where it's warm...

Definitely worth a few drips. Honestly, I suggest to our guests, especially the ladies, that they might want to go upstairs to use the facilities, or maybe out in the yard. My downstairs potty has that gas station chic going for it. I clean it once every three months, even if it don't need it.

chemobrain likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.