Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Blackstar ID:Core 20 4th of July Sale Impulse Buy

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by jenos, Jul 3, 2017.

1. jenos

jenos Tele-Meister

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    Picked one up this weekend at GC for $99. They had them on sale, but it was more of a closeout as the new V2 amps are coming in stock. On an impulse and a $50 father's day gift card, I pulled the trigger.

Decent sounding amp and effects but the sole reason I purchased was because of the stereo speakers. It does make a huge difference in sound to have a little delay or reverb coming out in stereo. Also, the headphone and mp3 connections sound very good as well which is important to me. It has served already as a nice speaker in the backyard while playing and BBQ'ing outside.

I wasn't really amp shopping either, just noodling to see if anything was worth using my gift card. I plugged into a Katana and an Orange Crush and they sounded good if not better, but I just had more fun playing with the ID stereo output and it was on sale/closeout.

As the V2's are getting to the stores keep an eye out for deep discounts on the V1's both new and used.

2. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    Blackstar make some innovative amps and know how to make a good guitar sound out of a small unit. I agree with you about the reverb/delay making a lot of difference: I have a tiny Blackstar Fly3 and the sound is way bigger and better than it has a right to be (and I don't even have the optional stereo cab)

3. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I have the ID10 & love it. The stereo does sound great for a little $75 amp.

4. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    I got one of those Fly stereo packs for $60 off a craigslist ad and have been having a blast with it. Blackstar has some interesting stuff in their line.

5. JasonKingsX

JasonKingsX Tele-Meister

May 15, 2017
    Austin
    These are neat amps and can be a lot of fun. I think the Super Crunch voice used by Blackstar is one of the most transparent and flexible crunches I have ever heard. It sounds great at lower/medium gain and goes on up to a nice scream without losing clarity and touch. One thing I'd like to see added to these units is TVP... Blackstar's selectable tube emulation. Being able to switch between 6L6's, EL-34's and EL-84's and more would be such a nice addition. Yamaha has something similar on their THR heads. I think the smaller ID:Core's would be best in class with this feature.

6. jenos

jenos Tele-Meister

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    Totally agree about the Yamaha's... If only they were on sale this weekend... Blackstar did just come out with a V2 that claims to have 'better sounding models and effects'. Although, the amp is nearly identical to the old version. It's hard to define better as I think the current models sound pretty good. They sound even better when you connect to a computer and get the full EQ options. I am not entirely sure where the added value comes in when comparing a 20W V1 at >$50 less than a 20W V2.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.