Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups

Black guitars... post yours here...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by AngelDeville, Jan 29, 2017.

1. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2016
    Nothing terribly fancy. A Fujigen made Squier that I love so much. Inherited it from the original owner (father in law). All stock, I even love the ceramic pickups in it and gotoh hardware. Nails that strat sound and playability and is understated like a nice but simple suit. Now if I could convince my wife that it needs to leave the house to gig every once in a while, id be all set.

2. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Jun 27, 2005
    Montclair, NJ
    Here's mine. Mid 50s Silvertone 1427 archtop, with P13 pickups. A not bad looker, with simply amazing sounds. I took off the pickguard, and it's better without:

Zepfan and AngelDeville like this.

3. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    I don't know how I ended up with so many black guitars...

My newest addition, it's all Squier parts (except for the Artec bridge pup)
    95 "Squier Series" MIM body, mid-80's "JB Player" neck, 70's greybottom Strat pups, heavy brass tremolo.
    "Austin" brand P-bass copy my dad got me at a garage sale. Now it has "Select by EMG" pups, CTS volume and a Varitone instead of a tone knob. It plays and sounds GREAT, I haven't touched any of my other basses since getting this.
    Mid 80's "JB Player" all maple neck-thru P/J bass. I've had it forever, all I've done to it was change out the crummy "box-style" switch for a real one, and have Pickguardian make a black/red/black guard so it wasn't SO monochromatic. It's heavy, but it sounds great.
    The guitar version of the bass above. All maple, Kahler bridge, SD "Hot Rail" pups. My first nice guitar was a JB Player strat copy, they sold bolt ons and these neck thrus, but I couldn't afford the neck thru back in the day. I want to take this one back apart, fix the bridge right (there's a GIANT hole under the brass plate holding the bridge up) and paint it white like my original guitar.
    One of those set-neck Strat copies from GFS. I should have finished this a year ago, but (insert excuse here)
    72 Tele Deluxe RI from 04. I had wanted a "real" one since I was a kid, and when these got reissued I had to have one. I bought actual 70's Wide Range pups from eBay (going thru a couple sets til I got real ones that weren't broken, urgh) This one was lighter and played better (and was WAY cheaper) than a "vintage" Deluxe.

4. Tobias

Tobias Tele-Meister

Dec 2, 2015
    Not enough jazzmaster content! ;)

Together with my old #1 and the contender to the throne.

5. bossaddict

bossaddict TDPRI Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Birmingham, AL
    Here's my '93 R7 with the Historic Makeovers Deluxe treatment.

CV Jee Beez, BradL, rze99 and 7 others like this.

6. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    I would own that one!
    Tommy Biggs and bossaddict like this.

7. SonicDiveBomb

SonicDiveBomb Tele-Meister

Jun 15, 2014
    Here's my beautiful black FSR tele custom from fender Japan. I gig with this guitar, so I put a kluson bridge on there with 6 saddles (better intonation?) and I actually threw in a Zexcoil humbucker w coil split. Sounds fantastic, lovely guitar and all these mods are reversible!
    Zepfan, uriah1, mnutz and 2 others like this.

8. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Meister

Mar 26, 2017
    Western Pa.
    1994 Fender Strat 40th Anniversary and 2004 Epi SG 400 upgraded with 50's wiring, 500k pots and PIO caps.

My Black Strat.jpg My Epiphone SG (5).JPG
    Tommy Biggs, Zepfan and AngelDeville like this.

9. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Just these two.
    Cigarbox esquire which I recently made. the top however came from a similar instrument I made in my teens.
    My early eighties Peavey T-15, she's my baby.
    mnutz, drmmrr55, Zepfan and 1 other person like this.

10. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2016
    Midwest, USA
    This is "Blackie", my guitar-bass project.

Zepfan likes this.

11. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    This is Kuro... my 02-04 CIJ ST57.

mnutz, Paul Jenkin and Blazer like this.

12. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

IMG_2533.jpg IMG_2532.jpg IMG_2531.jpg Hmm, I've owned several black guitars, but I don't have any right now. I have to post some pics of some previous ones.

1987 G&L SB1
    2006 MIM Standard with some mods
    2012 Marauder
    Minimalist518 and Zepfan like this.

13. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va

Attached Files:

puddin, Zepfan and mnutz like this.

14. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Meister

Aug 20, 2017
    Federal Way, Washington

15. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I don't have any pictures of them at the minute but I have two black guitars:

1. "Lonestar" Stratocaster with white-ish pick guard
    2. "Geddy Lee" MIM Jazz Bass with very white pick guard

If black's good enough for Geddy Lee, David Gilmour and BB King, it's more than good enough for me. Also saw a Duesenberg "Double Cat" in black - and that's a work of art, at least to my eyes....
    mnutz likes this.

16. tapollok

tapollok Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2010
    pgh pa usa

17. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2013
    Mahogany body from RockAudio, Mighty Mite neck, and all the parts are Fender US Standard or equivalent. It's supposed to be wired up like a Nocaster, but I think I have to reconfigure some stuff...positions 2 and 3 sound identical, when 3 should be the "dark" circuit.
    puddin, Minimalist518, mnutz and 2 others like this.

18. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Tele-Afflicted

Jun 17, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Gibson OK here?

I had a black Tele in the old old days...but it was kinda hacked...
    Minimalist518 and mnutz like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.