Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Black guitars... post yours here...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by AngelDeville, Jan 29, 2017.

1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    That tort guard will really look great on your Strat!

2. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Meister

Feb 1, 2016
    Jefferson City, MO
    I love this. I wish it were easier to track down a black Les Paul Jr.

3. Raoul

Raoul TDPRI Member

Dec 16, 2016
    CO
    Haven't seen one of these go by, yet, so I'll add it to the mix. CL buy, so it was black or nothing. I can't seem take a good picture of a guitar to save my life. Hopefully it never comes to that. :)

Never been a big fan of black guitars, but the white-bound black teles on this thread are so sharp, I'm now a convert.

DSCN1694.jpg

AngelDeville likes this.

4. Never been a fan of black guitars- but gotta admit this G5655t did look good. Kinda regretted sale... but if I get another it won't have to be black :lol:
    WP_20161027_17_09_49_Pro.jpg WP_20161027_17_10_03_Pro.jpg

Southpole, rze99, Zepfan and 2 others like this.

5. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I'll meet your 94 black, black label Strat with a 94 black, black label Strat of my own.

[​IMG]

This is my second black Stratocaster and it's a keeper. It has taken up permanent residence beside my Tele-parts-caster in the living room.

I've kept the OEM pickups, guard, knobs, controls in one piece for safe keeping and upgraded to a mint guard, hot AlNiCo V pickups, CTS, pots, etc... Also has a big block tremolo and Fender bent saddles. Unlike my first black Strat, I really connect with this one.

FenderGyrl and AngelDeville like this.

6. Tidepoolbay

Tidepoolbay Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2009
    Franklin New Jersey
    One of two Customs. 18808_Used_CS_Page_3PU_Black_Beauty_Les_Paul_Custom_JP08_a.jpg

TigerG, mattmayhem, rze99 and 2 others like this.

7. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    I saw a cool Gibson Firebird Custom in black on another TDPRI thread recently. Didn't even realise there was such a guitar! Guessing it costs a packet.

8. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg He's my one and only black guitar.
    It weighs two tons, and I haven't set it up perfectly yet.
    It doesn't like to stay in tune.
    I may try the Larry Carlton trick of putting a graphite nut on it.
    I LOVE the neck pickup!
    I will eventually put another Alnico V in the bridge position
    It's a 2008 Gibson 1954 Les Paul Custom reissue.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017

9. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

My Blackie clone partscaster. No TBX or mid boost, but Lace hot gold pups (don't need the boost).

[​IMG]

AngelDeville likes this.

10. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    I bought this 2011 MIA body with TV Jones Powertrons and made a neck and pickguard for it.

18582021_10155207588709651_9214193509749405702_n.jpg

11. 2blue2

2blue2 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu
    Cool Straty
    Heres my black one IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0572.JPG IMG_0574.JPG IMG_0573.JPG

Paint chips on the couch again!

AngelDeville likes this.

12. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 12, 2011
    Snellman MN
    20151019_210304.jpg
    The "black" Les Paul Custom on the left.
    Yeah I know it ain't black !
    Back about 1981 I wanted a black LPC, I was 16 or 17. My brother's college buddy had a friend that got him deals on new Gibsons so I had him order me a black LPC. When it finally came in my brother called and said they sent the wrong one but I should come to Mankato and look at it because it's really nice.
    Of course I liked it. Then his buddy told the truth. It was exactly what he'd ordered because he wanted to see it. He also said at the time Gibson would use crap wood on the solid color guitars.
    Anyway that's the only black guitar I've ever owned. :)

Oh it set me back 750 bucks, without the Gibson case. Cheapest I found in a store then was a BLEM for about $850. Didn't want a BLEM.

AngelDeville likes this.

13. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Here is my one of a kind Gibson Historic CR-4. They do sometimes make a CR-4 in black, but this is the only one they made with a red back. I have put a Lollar Staple pickup in the neck since this picture was taken.

[​IMG]

This is my 1996 Gibson Everly Brothers Custom Shop model. This was the first guitar I ever got a deal on from the factory and it's number 4/100. I was told that Don and Phil got 1&2 and PMC got #3.

[​IMG]

This is a 1991 Ibanez. I forget the model number, but it's a Japanese made guitar. When I was a kid in the early 1990s I loved the Ibanez S-540. There was no way I could afford one (they were about the same price as a Strat Plus, and IF by chance had the money I would have bought that).

For years I would look at them, but don't like Wizard necks or locking tremolos. I stopped at the pawn shop a few months ago and found this for $31.00. It's got a bigger Strat sized neck and a really high quality non-locking bridge. From what I'm told, these were made to try to get the traditional market to make the switch to Ibanez, but it didn't really work. It cost me more than I paid for the guitar to buy NOS knobs and the new plastic piece for the switch, but this guitar is amazing. My guess is the lack of locking tremolo made the shop think it was a budget model.

[​IMG]

14. soddruntlestuntle

soddruntlestuntle TDPRI Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Fresmaybe, CA
    IMG_0860.JPG '85 Schecter PT ( or Saturn, or whatever they called it). Wanted one since I saw Pete and Rog playing them in the Eminence Front video. Plays like a dream.

Minimalist518 and AngelDeville like this.

15. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA

16. sonofiam

sonofiam Tele-Meister

Jan 19, 2017
    Inland Northwest

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.