Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bit Opportunity--Free To Good Home In Ga. or Tennessee. . . . or Where Ever

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by R. Stratenstein, Apr 6, 2018.

1. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.

The friend who gave me this saw had exactly the same saw and jointer combo tool that you had, except his was branded Rockwell/ Delta. I don’t know if there is any difference in quality or features, or just the name badge. It is a very sweet little package for home woodworkers or furniture makers, you just slip the belt from the motor to which of the 2 tools you want to use. He loved his machine combo and built all kinds of things with it.

PingGuo likes this.

2. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.

Looks like we have a winner! Mouth, of a nearby locale, has submitted the winning bid, and will receive the grand prize later this week. Bidding is now closed!

3. PingGuo

PingGuo Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 19, 2014
    North FL
    Yay! So cool that this saw is finding a home @Mouth

4. Mouth

Mouth TDPRI Member

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    Woo hoo! Thank you Rick!

5. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Enjoy it, mouth! I would have driven down there to get it if you hadn't beaten me to it!

6. Mouth

Mouth TDPRI Member

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    It'll actually be a welcome replacement for a small portable table saw with a table that is about 18×24.

I'll have my best manners on so your wife doesn't think I'm one of the CL unwashed. : )

7. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    if You come early enough, 3- piece suit and tie will be fine. Otherwise, white tie and tails, please!:lol::lol:

BTW, table on this is probably no bigger than that, but it has decent extensions that give it good working space.

It just occurred to me, you can see from the pictures that the rip fence guide rails only go to the right. I have the guide rails and fence from my other Delta saw that I took off of it when I put on the Unifence. You’d probably have to do some drilling and maybe other mods., but they’re longer and would allow you to use the fence on either side of the blade. A nice convenience, but not absolutely necessary. Let me know if you’re interested, and I’ll dig ‘em out for you. Hot damn, I’ll have a tidy shop by the time I’m done with this !! BTW, could your shop shed use a slightly used window air conditioner?

8. Mouth

Mouth TDPRI Member

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    You know, the a/c in my shed has seen much better days. I kicked it on a few weeks ago and the front vent fell off. The plastic decided it was too brittle to stay together anymore.

So that would be great!

And I'm up for whatever additional table space you want to send along with the saw.

If i want to use the fence on the saw I have now, I'm limited to 11.5 inches. I can do 12 if I hang the guide half off the table. And I have to measure at the front and back of the blade to.make sure it' parallel.

I'm going to feel like I'm in the modern age.

9. Mouth

Mouth TDPRI Member

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    At least in the 70s

10. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    I would put a Stew Mac slotting blade on it and leave it as a fret slotting saw. (that's what I did with one)

11. Mouth

Mouth TDPRI Member

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    I just wanted to say thanks again.

I haven't set it up yet, but it will be a definite improvement. And the a/c unit measures the same as what I have now, so that will be a pretty easy swap and much appreciated also.

It was good to meet you and chat!

LeftFinger and RogerC like this.

12. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Same here, Mouth. Glad the A/C will be a simple fit, and hope you get many happy cuts from the saw. On wood, that is, LOL. :eek::cool::cool::D.

Barncaster likes this.

13. Mouth

Mouth TDPRI Member

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    Yes, cuts should not include oneself. In case anyone wants a picture to remind them why safety should be first.

Warning: Not terribly graphic, but pic is of my hand after tendons were tied back together after I cut myself not adhering to the rules of safety.

http://i.imgur.com/Syw6HYk.jpg

14. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Owwww!

And the Betadyne . . I remember the yellow skin from my own little boo-boos. Always a rite of passage when you’d healed enough to scrub that stuff off.

15. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Dang it, I just found this thread. Missed all the cool stuff. I don't suppose you're giving away an old fridge (full of beer of course)?

Anyway........Nice thing to do Rick!

16. mlp-mx6

mlp-mx6 Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2008
    Atlanta
    I'm in NW Atlanta and have a refrigerator I'd LOVE to give away. Any takers? It's not full-size, but not mini.

17. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    That is so cool off you guys to offer things to other TDPRIers.
    I bet we could have a heck of a swap meet

R. Stratenstein likes this.

18. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Is it full of beer? Nosmo would drive all the way over from Texas to bring it home!

Barncaster likes this.

19. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    I suspect you’re right.

20. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    or maybe just a 6 pack:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.