Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bit Opportunity--Free To Good Home In Ga. or Tennessee. . . . or Where Ever

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by R. Stratenstein, Apr 6, 2018.

1. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Whoops, that should be BIG Opportunity.

Hope this is legal here, as it's not truly a classified ad, since I'm not selling anything. Mods may have to move it to classifieds.

Basically, I got this nice old table saw I need to get rid of. Well, actually, I need the space, and I kind of hate to get rid of the saw, but its time to thin the herd. Rockwell-Delta 9 inch contractors' table saw. I think the motor is 1.5 HP, big, heavy motor, TEFC. (EDIT-after looking at the picture--it's not TEFC) It is a light-duty contractor's saw, the fence isn't anything to write home about, but if you're in the market for a decently-made basic saw, this would be a nice "starter" saw.

A friend gave it to me after a contractor left it on his jobsite years ago. It was in sad shape, but a few years ago (may have been 10) I refurbished it, cleaned and re-lubed it, put in a few new parts, repainted it etc. Has a new cord. It came out rather well, I think, but it has two bigger brothers in my shop, so it just never got used.

I put a new blade on it--nothing earthshaking, a Steelex from Grizzly, but it is brand new and has no cuts on it except for the few test cuts I made when I finished.

I'd rather give it to somebody here and maybe see a guitar or two it's helped build, than sell it on Craig's List to a total stranger. And besides Mrs. S says she doesn't want any Craigslist "creeps" coming around her house, and not being able to guarantee her only Craig's List Solid Citizens will come to look at the saw, here it is, a freebie.

Understand it is old school. It does NOT have the blade guard or splitter, but I recommend you try to get them, if you get this saw. Same with the belt guard. Not there, but highly recommended. Other things I know it will need is a new set of casters--the ones its on now are cheapies, that don't lock--you'll want locking casters. The belt is in bad shape and will need replacement sooner than later. The throat plate is home made, OAK, zero-clearance, but you may want another one. You will use it at your own risk.

You will have to come to my home in Loganville/Snellville and pick it up. I won't deliver or ship it--much too heavy. I will help you tip it into a truck or van, or whatever, but it is all cast iron (well, mostly), and pretty heavy.

If you are interested in it, please PM me, and I'll get back in touch so we can arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to come pick it up.

If more than one person is interested, the most fair way to determine the "winner" is by the first date-stamped (per TDPRI's messaging system) message expressing interest in the saw.

IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0239.JPG

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018

2. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    London, UK
    Rick! You’re a very generous man!

crazydave911, Piggy Stu and ndeli55 like this.

3. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Holic

Sep 19, 2011
    Michigan
    Your a wonderful Human being!

4. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    That is a very nice gesture.

Piggy Stu likes this.

5. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 31, 2009
    Queensland Australia

You realize jimbo that he will never again fit into his hat! You'd be doing him a favour by taking his old "stuff" off his hands!!:D

DC :lol:

crazydave911 likes this.

6. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Holic

Sep 19, 2011
    Michigan
    742.9 miles and 11 hour drive!
    I have a new delta 10 inch Im good!

7. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Thanks for the kind words, but it benefits me too, in increased shop space. Still no takers yet, so if you’re interested, Mat, or Dave, get your name into the hat. I’ll help you disassemble it for easy fit in your luggage back over the pond or down under. I’ll even spring for the first pint!

Mat UK likes this.

8. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 31, 2009
    Queensland Australia

Love to help you clear your w'shop Rick but I already have a decent mobile circular saw which hardly gets used these days. What about the footpath with a sign "FREE! FREE! FREE!"

DC

9. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    Give it to PingGuo he needs one:D

PingGuo likes this.

10. PingGuo

PingGuo Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

May 19, 2014
    North FL
    Elysa and I gave away a 8" delta homecraft from the same era when we moved out to FL. It was Beautiful!

the guy that got it was an older man... Years of woodworking experience. He was sooo sooo sooo happy.

He took it to a mountain cabin shop he maintained. I like to think it's getting used frequently.

Elysa and I used it a bit. But to be honest I didn't like the lack of safety features.

I'm so green. And don't have any hands on mentors out here in FL. I was scared I'd cut a finger off.

I tried multiple times to buy the riving knife that went with it. But never could nail one down.

I'll probably get a saw stop in the next year or so. I need my fingers... and don't have the skill set to get by on an old saw.

Anyhow, I'm sure some would disagree with that sentiment. But it was the choice we made. (as a side note, elysa had no problem using the saw. It was me that had the problem.)

Here's some pictures of the saw:

upload_2018-4-6_23-33-18.png upload_2018-4-6_23-33-46.png

11. PingGuo

PingGuo Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

May 19, 2014
    North FL
    Man! That is a beautiful tool! You're going to make someone very happy!

12. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    Is that the floor of your shop? I've never seen the actual floor in any of your pics. You've been busy cleaning if that's your shop. Cool deal on the saw too, very kind of you.

crazydave911 likes this.

13. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    I'm not that far away but have no room for it and would only end up losing fingers. :) But props to the OP for his generosity and benevolence!

14. kuvash

kuvash Tele-Afflicted

Feb 13, 2010
    Upper California
    Too bad we're so far as part I could sure use it and would take care of it.Good on you I hope it finds a great home.

15. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Good deal Rick , very generous ! Making room for your new CNC ??

16. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Oddly enough, James, that’s the storage area that is normally double- parked with idle power tools, so I can’t get there to put junk all over the place. I have, however, done a bit of straightening up, not sure you could go so far as to call it “cleaning”. :eek::lol::lol:

17. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    I wish, Herb, I wish.

The actual plan is to build a couple of flip-top tool stands to help free up some storage space and make it easier and faster to deploy various power tools from storage to use.

But of course, it’s always one step forward and 4 or 5 back. New toilet I installed about a month ago didn’t sit properly on the standard floor flange, so I, ahem, took some expedients to make it work. I don’t think I have to ‘splain More, do I? Let us just say I am thankful the problem was discovered by me, rather than drippage on Mrs. Stratenstein’s Head. Even though it was 2AM. Funny that I have demonstrable and pretty significant hearing loss from my odd hobbies, but I have very acute hearing when it comes to hearing announcement of jobs that are straight from hell, and have the highest priority.

adirondak5 likes this.

18. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Rick,
    Do they have donation programs for veterans in the area?
    Rob

19. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    There might be, Rob. I’m going to have to check on it, as apparently everybody round here already has a table saw, or doesn’t have room for one, or doesn’t want an old one, or, what I don’t know.

20. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Meister

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    I'll take it. I'm just down the road from you!

PingGuo likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.