Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bigsby on FSR Bullet

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Scottz, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Scottz

Scottz Tele-Meister

May 18, 2018
    Littleton CO
    Someone recently posted a pic of their FSR Bullet that they had installed a Bigsby on but I can't find it. I was wondering how the bridge was modified/replaced for the Bigsby set up. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Scottz

Scottz Tele-Meister

May 18, 2018
    Littleton CO
    Oops, found it, not so recent. It was sambae.
    Any info on this bridge setup?

3. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    All you need is a B5 style Bigsby, which allowed me to use my current bridge with a slight mod. I just had to Dremel a few grooves in the rear lip of the bridge plate.

Here's mine, using a dirt-cheap Bigsby clone...we call them Chigsbys...that works just fine. Just a thought in case you don't want to drop big bucks on a real Bigsby. (This is an old photo with a different bridge, a roller bridge, that I hated. I since replaced it with my regular vintage bridge with the notches.)

image.jpeg

Scottz and Nickadermis like this.
  4. Scottz

Scottz Tele-Meister

May 18, 2018
    Littleton CO
    I have someone offering me a B5 in trade for a pedal. I was thinking I might have to do a Bubba mod on the stock bridge plate so I can use the 3 barrel saddles, then dremel a notch for each string. I'm not sure there are any aftermarket bridges that match up with the screw holes on the FSR.

5. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You just have to Dremel 4 semi-circles, not one for each string.

6. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    A3D7F598-B11E-4EDD-9C39-739444030520.jpeg

Scottz likes this.
  7. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    And oh, this is a biggie:

Before you install your B5, remove your 3 intonation bolts and Dremel a slot in the end of the bolt!

Unless you have a tiny right-angle Phillips screwdriver...and who does?...

You can't get a screwdriver, even a small jeweler's one, in the space between the bolt head and Bigsby. Slotting the end of the bolt allows you to intonate/move the saddles fore and aft, from the OTHER side.

MadJack, Mikey3 and Scottz like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.