Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bigsby noise

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by iancain123, Apr 1, 2018.

1. iancain123

iancain123 Tele-Meister

Sep 13, 2016
    US
    My tele w/ a Bigsby makes clicking noises through the electronics when ya use the tremolo. Anyone else have this issue? Any remedy?

2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Can you hear the Bigsby clicking mechanically? Or is this purely a electronic click, and the Bigsby is more or less silent?

3. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    We might get the answer one day, but if it's purely electronic, he might be losing the bridge ground contact.

But that would be hum, right?

4. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

If the strings are not grounded through the bridge, static electricity builds up as you touch it, and discharges, causing a clicking sound.
    Had this problem on a Tele with a B5 and a Jaguar type Bigsby bridge--no direct connection between the bridge and the bridge plate.
    Just had to fit in a little jumper wire from the bridge to the bridge plate, and all is good.

5. iancain123

iancain123 Tele-Meister

Sep 13, 2016
    US
    The mechanism itself is silent. The strings are grounded through the standard bridge type ground. It seems to have good contact but,ill try making it better. I added a neoprene washer on both sides of the spring, still noisy. Its almost like its picking up the compression of the spring if that makes any sense. Its pretty strange. Its only if ya get kinda crazy with it. Apologies for taking a bit to get back to y'all, been busy for a few days.

6. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Hey, I'm just a ball buster!

Good luck figuring it out.

7. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    Maybe the strings are binding and releasing in the nut.

Deeve likes this.
  8. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Sorry - just noticed I was talking to a zombie of sorts.
    String-bind is my best guess, too.
    Peace - Deeve

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.