Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Big White Monkey (BWM) Amps

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Dirtybluegene, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Dirtybluegene

Dirtybluegene Tele-Holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sydney
    Probably calling out mostly to the Australianas.
    A friend of mine turned me onto these after he bought a BWM Kong- 5 watt head, with one 6L6 and said he got some of the best sounds ever out of it.

Recently got myself a Silverback head, Princeton clone $480 Aust. Two channels- blackface princeton with same controls (no reverb though), flick the boost switch for Brownface Princeton- bypasses the tone stack, more gain, very responsive to pick attack, beautiful clean sound, pristine sparkly tone even at extremely low volumes.

Out of the box without tweaking anything this thing sounded beautiful. It was in the Brownface mode, with the volume almost all the way down. Plugged in a tele with broadcaster bridge, and it produced thick sparkly tone, no pissy weak or tinny sounds, just full and luscious.
    Using it through a 1x12 with an eminence swamp thang and diggin it.
    Amy other BWM fans out there?

2. LizzieBennet

LizzieBennet NEW MEMBER!

Jul 17, 2017
    Wollongong
    I have the silverback and I have been very happy with it. Even live I am yet to get it past 3/10. Plenty of power.

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.