Well, despite all the winder-threads, I decided to share mine anyway! I've tried various solutions regarding the counting and I actually ended up with a simple reed switch and a counter - I haven't measured the speed yet, but I can see that it spins very fast - probably faster than I dare at the moment, so no problem! Now for some pictures - sorry for the shaky cam, I only have my phone! The engine: The insides: Coming along I threaded the engine-shaft as well as the bobbin-holder and installed a fix-screw as well And here's the beauty: Speed control and a switch with the options "clockwise", "off" and "anti-clockwise". Installed a DC-out, so the adapter doesn't have to be attached to the winder when I'm transporting it And here's the bobbinholder and reed-switch I'm very happy with the results. I've previously made 4 pickups on a sewing machine, which works allright, but this is gonna be something else! Not long before I'm gonna start my build thread now!