Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Big build - 6 instruments in 8 months

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Mbechmann, Jan 14, 2017.

1. MM73

MM73 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 24, 2015
    South Lyon, MI
    I really like the pick guard!

2. Mbechmann

Mbechmann Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    Thank you. I appriciate it.

Long story short - loads of mishaps and problems - the guitar is done. Was just pickup up by my brother, who is going to deliver it tonight.

I managed to record a 2 min video just as he entered through the front door :) I am gonna upload that, and post it maybe tomorrow :)

Barncaster likes this.

3. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Holic

Feb 17, 2009
    London, UK
    Maybe post the video today instead ;-) Why keep us waiting!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Mbechmann

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    Hehe Mat it could be because I like to tease people just a little bit :) Or it could be because I am so tired I can barely stand :). Or it could be because my internet is so slow it takes a while to upload the video :) Or it could be: All of the above :)

Mat UK likes this.

6. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain

7. Mbechmann

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    Thanks Rob. I am actually still in isolation. Now on antibiotics as well. At least 10 days like that.

8. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Thinking good thoughts and prayers for your health, my friend. Fight hard! I have a mental image of millions of little Danish Viking White blood cells, with sharp battle-axes, long beards, and helmets with two horns on the side, swarming over the sides of their long-boat, mercilessly attacking the evil bacterias. It is a hard fight, and many of them will see Valhalla today, but they are surely winning, and will carry the day!:cool:

9. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Get well soon Michael. Great build!

10. Mbechmann

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    I always fight hard. And yes, that image with battle-axes and everything, is very accurate :) I still want to forge my own battle-axe and knife. Its one of the things on my bucket list - right along with a long-boat :)

Thanks. Penicillin seems to be helping so that is good.

Now for the promised video. Its not great, but it will do. I will also change the bridge pickup later as there was a little bit of trouble with that one. But for now, here it is:

Barncaster, Mat UK and guitarbuilder like this.

11. Deneb

Deneb Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Ukraine, Dnipro
    Great Job and video, Michael!
    I'm happy for you!

Mbechmann likes this.

12. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Holic

Feb 17, 2009
    London, UK
    How are you holding up Mr Mbechmann? One down 5 to go!

Deneb likes this.

13. Mbechmann

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    Well its been rough to be honest. After being in isolation for 23 days I was getting better. So my doctor told me to go for a long drive outside the house. I did that by going to my brother for the weekend.

Well that weekend things went from bad to worse. Sunday afternoon I was getting seriously sick again. So I stayed at my brothers until Monday. Well Monday was not good at all. I couldnt keep ANYTHING in my. I slept, rushed to the toilet, slept, toilet, slept that whole day.
    At 7pm we went to the emergency hospital. Turns out I had a serious infection - a stumach infection. So I was now admitted to the hospital. They ran like 1 million tests, to figure out exactly how to treat me. I ended up with 2 different antibiotics and an IV.

5 days later, I was well enough to go home. I still had to take antibiotics for another 10 days.

Since than, I have had problems. I am still not at 100%. Constantly tired, and having trouble keeping food in me.

Now if this wasnt bad enough, it got worse. While I was admitted in the hospital I was kicked out of carpenter school due to absence. This is a big problem for me, since its my dream to become carpenter. So this broke my heart big time.

So I applied to get into a new school. This is not going well - as of right now I will not be able to go to school anymore.

But with the new school I would also have to move. I managed to find a sweet place to move to. I will get a huge workshop with plenty of room 2 car garage size in 1 room + 3 other rooms each 1½ garage size + a 2 car garage outside. I will be able to have all the machines up and ready at all time. I will also get plenty of storage so thats awesome. I am moving there as we speak. Its just too sweet to pass up even if I dont get to go to school...

Last but not least, I have been working on several instruments. Mainly Brainys ubass. I want to finish that one and get that one out the door.

One of the other instruments that I am building for that event, has been designed. Its going to have scrolls - which I have never done before. So I have done a test of that. So thats good.

The plan now, is that I will have moved by the end of the week. After that, I will spent a few days setting up the workshop (and yes, pics will follow) and than I will get back into building. Time is running short :)

PS. I picked up 9 instruments in need of restauration. So I may do those for the event as well :) I have most of the parts already :)

Aabenraa sygehus May 2017.jpg IMAG1666.jpg IMAG1668.jpg IMAG1657.jpg

14. mudimba

mudimba Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 19, 2015
    California
    Sorry to hear about your troubles; I hope you feel better soon. That brainy guitar is awesome!

Mbechmann likes this.

15. Deneb

Deneb Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Ukraine, Dnipro
    Get well soon. The rest you will catch up!

Mbechmann likes this.

16. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Well, not so much to hear about them, but that you have them.

Of course, if you didn't have problems, I never would have heard about them. But it wouldn't matter 'cause you'd be fine.....

Dangit - Just get better.

17. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Here, here! Sounds like your new digs will be spectacular!

Mbechmann likes this.

18. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain
    Go slow Michael. There is no substitute for good health. Everything else in good time.
    Rob

Mbechmann likes this.

19. richa

richa Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Washington
    Missed out on this thread. Fun builds!

Very sorry to hear you are ill. You have my prayers, and I hope you have a full recovery soon. Hang in there and take care.

Mbechmann likes this.

20. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Holic

Feb 17, 2009
    London, UK
    Sorry to hear that Michael, things have a way of sorting themselves out for the better. Focus on your health (but don't forget about us!), hopefully you'll be feeling much better soon

Mbechmann likes this.

21. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.

Love the scroll carve, BTW. That would be about a months work for me!

Mbechmann likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.