Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

BFG's SG

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by ME262, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ME262

ME262 Tele-Holic

Jun 24, 2012
    Sweden
    Anyone know what this guitar is?

Capture.JPG

ickylick likes this.

2. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I believe the pinstriping was done by the same guy who pinstripped the hot rod in sharpdressed man video, more than likely a custom guitar ,( an SG with pointy headstock) I watch ashow on the pinstriping a while back but didnt pay attention to alot of the detail

https://billygibbons.com/2016/12/gibson-guitar-greats-billy-gibbons/Dec 16, 2016 - It features a unique pinstripe design created by Billy himself, which is hand-recreated one at a time. Two Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates humbuckers bring the tone. Gibbons latest Gibson Custom co-creation is the BGSG. Gibbons says the BGSG – a stripped back SG with a Flying V-style neck. Billy says it ...

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    It’s basically the same guitar as all his other guitars, with a different headstock and body shape. :D

4. ME262

ME262 Tele-Holic

Jun 24, 2012
    Sweden
    Figures, and I guess that's why I can't find any pics of it then. But I like it and wanted to see if they're bindings or painted because I think I'll do just that to a SG.

5. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    I know a guy that Billy calls to do pin striping when he's in town.

uriah1 likes this.

6. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    I saw Sammy Hagar interviewing Billy about his new SG's, They're made and painted by the same guy that's made all of his guitars for years now.
    I do like the V headstock on the SG body.

7. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc

8. ME262

ME262 Tele-Holic

Jun 24, 2012
    Sweden
    I know, but if you do a search like that the black one doesn't turn up. Well, once actually but that pic is literally from this thread...

9. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    you could go onto rev Billy G.'s site and ask for some pics he may post them!

10. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    You might check with Jason Boland or Big Tex Guitars.
    Billy does pin striping himself sometimes, practices on the bus.

Fiesta Red likes this.

11. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Afflicted

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    If it's like many of his "Gibsons" and "Fenders" it's made by John & Jake Bolin. It's probably super light-weight since BFG often has the bodies and necks(!) chambered.

I saw a rig-rundown for BFG a while back and his tech said that pretty much every guitar he uses is run through an EQ and other goodies until it sounds like his Pearly Gates Les Paul, which has long, long since retired from touring.

12. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    The red pinstripped '61 was recently auctioned as I recall & now this new one shows up in my YT feed.

Not really a fan of the V headstock but any excuse to post his guitars are worth watching.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.