Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Beverly Hillbillies Ellie May's Theme

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by thunderbyrd, Jan 8, 2005.

1. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    Does anybody around here know how to play the music that they used to play on the old beverly hillbillys tv show whenever the scene would change down to Ellie May and her critters down at the SEE-ment pond? it was real purdy and feminine sounded, just a sort of chordal run. it always seemed to me that would be a real useful thing to play. ;)

2. teletwangler

teletwangler Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2004
    STL,MO
    Don't know how to play it but...

There was a rockabilly-pop band in the 80's called the Elvis Brothers. Their guitarist used to play it occasionally between songs as a kind of interlude. Very cool! 8)

3. Darrell

Darrell Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    yeap

The Ballad of Jed Clampett by Flatt and Scruggs.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Tele-Afflicted

Jul 8, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Bump

I have almost bought some Beverly Hillbillies DVD's just to hear that lick again. I have watched a couple of episodes on TV, but they've never gone to the pool in those episodes.

I'd still like to get that lick. It was a really nice one.

6. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

All of the incidental jazzy guitar cues in the Beverly Hillbillies were played by Howard Roberts.

7. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Tele-Afflicted

Jul 8, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Well, then I probably can't play any of them anyway.

:D

8. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.