Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Vintage-Style bridge?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Watersilk, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Watersilk

Watersilk Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2016
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Yes Nick!! Just what I thought. I believe that the Blues set is a new product, but to me they just lack something that the Vintage Plus has...

I can't find a cheaper alternative to Gotoh SD91 Kluson-type non-locking tuners, I think these are the best for the price... also I think for the electrics I will stick with CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and Oak Grigsby 3 way selector. What about necks, will Allparts be good enough?

2. Watersilk

Watersilk Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2016
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Tele on a diet! A budget build...

Thank you everyone who has contributed to this thread!

The question, "Best Vintage Style Bridge" has lead to a build project I didn't think of doing, that is until 'your' posts came in thick and fast :)

I hope we can put the interesting 'discussions' on resonance behind us.

Thank you again to Nick Fanis, who gave me the inspiration to start a budget Telecaster build and once again to the many others who echoed his thoughts.

Here is the first post on the build.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.