Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Tube Socket Quality. NOS?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by timewaster1700, Aug 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. timewaster1700

timewaster1700 Tele-Meister

Feb 17, 2016
    Utah
    I'm gathering parts for my second amp build. On my first I used the sockets from Mojotone for both 9 pin pre-amp tubes and the 8 pin power and rectifier tubes. The 8 pin ones felt pretty substantial but the 9 pin ones didn't inspire a lot of confidence in me thinking they'd last over the years. For my second build I want to use something real high quality for both. Any suggestions? I've heard NOS are real good. Should I hunt some NOS sockets down? I would prefer to not have to change the sockets down the line.

Thanks

2. jimgchord

jimgchord Tele-Meister

Apr 3, 2018
    victor,ny
    I've had good luck with the Belton sockets

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018

3. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    Another vote for Belton here. It's all I use both in new builds and repair, unless I run into a situation in a vintage amp where they don't fit.

4. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    Are you say there are other sockets besides Belton :eek:

corliss1 likes this.

5. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Meister

Sep 26, 2015
    Maldon, England
    I like the Belton sockets with the lugs with 2 holes in. Makes it easier for multiple attachments.

6. timewaster1700

timewaster1700 Tele-Meister

Feb 17, 2016
    Utah
    Sounds like Belton is the way to go! Thanks everyone for chiming in. Looks like Antique Electronic Supply has them. Which do I need for a tweed, bottom or top mount? The bottom and top mount look idential except for maybe the screw relief and I'm having trouble telling from the pictures which way the relief points.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.