Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best tube amp under 600 ?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by archielco, Dec 4, 2017.

1. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    I think it is impossible to give"advise" - everybody -me included - will give you his/her personal preferences.....

Anyway, I love the clean tone of my Hughes & Kettner Tube Edition 25th Anniversary, the dirt channel is nice and it takes any pedal you'll feed in......it pops up from time to time on Ebay etc.

You can't go to wrong with a Laney Lionheart or a Peavey Classic or a Fender Junior, which both are more available on a budget.....
    Blackheart and Koch have some nice amps.
    Oh, the only Mesa Boogie I ever liked: Studio22+

Some might say they're cheap China-junk, but the Bugera V55 is a good and versatile tubeamp - if you get the newer Infineon series, you'll have a reliable amp - and a new one.

2. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    this is a funny thread...

The take away's are classic.

"Get an AC15 because all the kool kids are getting them "

"get a Champ and MIKE it"

ok back to the non silly...

From what he is describing he's likely in the 30 to 40 watt tube category in a band. He's not playing at home in his bedroom.

PV classic 30, Fender Blues or Hot Rod Deluxe , something in that range fits very nicely in the budget, but sadly they may not be available in his part of the planet !

3. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Yeah except new in Europe which is I think where the OP is, they don't, new. Anything US made tends to be double pricef.

He needs to post some prices of gear where he is.

4. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Used Rocker 32 or if I was in UK I’d check out Woodhead - killer hand wired Marshall clones priced in your range

5. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

I suggest a used Mesa Boogie. In particular the F-30 model. It's the only amp I've used since 2002 and it is amazing. They are fairly inexpensive, I've seen used F-30's for $400- 500 around here. Good luck on your search

6. theripper

theripper TDPRI Member

Nov 11, 2017
    Hauntingmidsville, Illinois
    If lux like something odd and vintage, try ampegs, you can get them cheap.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.