Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Tube Amp ever???

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by sparkletele123, Aug 6, 2013.

1. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

May 24, 2010
    Canada
    Well A is always better than B, when I put out an amp for sale I am going to do one better. It is going to be Class A+.

It is one thing to boast running the quarter mile faster than everyone else and having the metals to prove it. To have a good sounding amp and then say you are the best amp when there are hundreds of other good sounding amps out there...

2. Edwin

Edwin Banned

Jun 23, 2010
    Alaska
    I don't know either. What do you do, duck, catch them with your teeth, inspect for a phone number, or what???

3. brunsje

brunsje TDPRI Member

Use Value as Basis

Only one amp commands nearly six figures, DUMBLE's.

Clearly the most desired and expensive amplifiers.

Cheers, JohnnyB

4. Lazerface

Lazerface Tele-Holic

Aug 15, 2012
    I would argue that the bassman is the best tube amb ever solely on the fact that it was the circuit originally used to spawn Marshall and Mesa boogie amps (among others I'm sure) not only is it great on its own, but a lot of other great amps are based on it too!

5. thelowerlip

thelowerlip Tele-Afflicted

Oct 28, 2010
    In the Mountains
    I happen to know the best tube amp ever is my Musicman HD130.

Trust me.

6. brianswindall

brianswindall Tele-Afflicted

I am a big fan of this one. 1960 GA-6 Gibson Lancer. Essentially a 5D3 tweed Deluxe circuit. I can't imagine a better blues amp. You want headroom? Look elsewhere but if you want 15 watts of whoop-ass, well then this may be THE GREATEST AMP EVER MADE! I rest my case.

Attached Files:

7. Nightatthehotel

Nightatthehotel Tele-Holic

Jun 11, 2012
    Amen.

8. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    So what you're saying is that the best amp ever is a pitcher of mojitos?

9. djalt

djalt Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2010
    canada
    You have no idea what kind of fury you are about to unleash....

10. djalt

djalt Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2010
    canada
    We should all say "FOR ME".

FOR ME, it's a small VHT Special 6, has a high/low switch for early break up at lower volumes, paired with a 68 Silverface Vibrolux through a delay left/right with a very inexpensive BOSS OD-2 set with gain at around 10 o'clock.

Allows clean and dirty to cover many styles...

Okay, that's not "one amp". I confess...

DJ

11. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    I had a custom amp built. One bid problem with the boutique market is trying to find boutique amps to try. What I ended up doing is going with a local builder you can drive to his shop actually talk to him face to face get feel for what kind of person they are. I was able to explain the sound I was chasing. In my case amp has a lifetime warranty, I can take the amp to him have new tube installed tubes, gives me a deal on the tubes and dose bias. I spent about 2K on the amp but I have an incredible sounding amp for "my taste" and if I should have a problem I can drive 20 minutes and deliver it. So going with a local builder might be something to consider. Mine was built by Ben Fargen Fargen Amplification, I should also add I have fender twin reverb II ( 83-86) that would be very hard to part with.

12. Gnobuddy

Gnobuddy Friend of Leo's

Sep 15, 2010
    British Columbia
    Great idea! :D

-Gnobuddy

13. FistFullOfSteel

FistFullOfSteel TDPRI Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    +1

"Music is my Religion" ~ Jimi Hendrix

14. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    You're all wrong. My tube amp is the best. I keep it behind glass in a climate controlled clean room where it can only be viewed via closed-circuit television. In a thousand years, when my bunker is excavated by future historians, they'll be able to plug it in and experience the essence of 21st century tone... ;)

15. tedro

tedro Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2010
    7th Galaxy
    ...done.
    [​IMG]

16. tedro

tedro Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2010
    7th Galaxy
    this amp was very very good to me.
    [​IMG]

17. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne

18. NiceTele

NiceTele Tele-Holic

Dec 20, 2012
    Australia
    I reckon the best tube amps are Twin Reverbs, then there's everything else..including Dumbles!:lol:

19. tedro

tedro Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2010
    7th Galaxy
    my first amp! but mine was an Explorer, with a 10".
    looked just like that!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.