Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Tube Amp ever???

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by sparkletele123, Aug 6, 2013.

1. sparkletele123

sparkletele123 Tele-Meister

Jun 13, 2012
    London, UK
    I have been looking at Tony Bruno Custom Amps, and according to them the have the best Tube Amplifier. I stumbled across it when looking at a Brad Paisley article. Brad got his Custom made. Has anybody tried this amplifier before? All comments welcome.

Thanks in advance! ;)

http://www.brunoamps.com/underground30.html

2. BiggerJohn

BiggerJohn Friend of Leo's

Jun 1, 2009
    California
    Lol. Of course they are going to tell you their stuff is the best, they want your money. Call any booteek builder and ask him who builds the best amps it is them of course.

3. Delta Blues

Delta Blues Tele-Afflicted

Dec 22, 2011
    GA
    Top Hat Super 33 2X12

4. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    The best tube amp ever is the one that makes women throw their underwear at you when you play through it.

5. sparkletele123

Jun 13, 2012
    London, UK
    Twin reverbs are personally my favourite Tube Amps. I don't think women will be throwing any underwear quite yet though. :rolleyes:

6. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    The best tube amp is always the next one.

7. twangking

twangking Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2010
    Central Connecticut
    It's a got dang super reverb

8. NashTel177

NashTel177 Tele-Meister

Feb 1, 2012
    Beaumont, TX
    +1
    :D:D:D

9. foundjoe

foundjoe Tele-Holic

Apr 28, 2013
    Kansas
    If you were honestly going to evaluate the best tube amp ever, you need to have some sort of metric to use, such as which amp has been used the most by guitar players for recording purposes or performance purposes. If so, then you're likely going to end up with a Fender vs. Marshall debate or some such thing ... but that rarely happens among guitar players, of course.

10. rwsand

rwsand Tele-Afflicted

Sep 12, 2012
    Hyde Park NY
    I noticed you were looking into custom amps. My suggestion is to research the builders rep etc and then tell him what you want out of it. Let him apply his skills to accomplishing what you need.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

11. rwsand

rwsand Tele-Afflicted

Sep 12, 2012
    Hyde Park NY
    Ps, that's what Diaz did. Worked out great.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

12. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Barkers at the carnival,
    Shouting at the crowd. Old Story....

"She dances, she prances....
    She has danced before kings and left them broken!
    This woman will shake the very earth upon which you stand, my good sir!
    Yessir, yessir......put your money in the hat and
    enter into the kingdom of ecstasy.
    (Move along now..don't be shy...)
    Next, next..."

"She Dances, She Prances....
    She's danced before kings and....."

Oh the life of an adman....

When at first we do deceive...

13. sparkletele123

Jun 13, 2012
    London, UK
    I read somewhere that Brad actually got his Amp tailored by Tony. Brad would plug in his Tele and they would go from there! Making mods to Brads discrepancy. I guess because the Amps were tailored so to speak, they did turn out to be the best amps for that Artist. Brad is also a fun of Dr. Z amps that do more or less the same tailoring thingy. Because of Tony's ill health, I don't think he will be making any more Custom Amps. :cry:

14. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia
    Vox has or had a Tony Bruno line of amps.
    The reviews I saw on YTube sounded good.

15. sparkletele123

Jun 13, 2012
    London, UK
    I saw a review, those Amps are special. Brad owns two of them, and they are his favourites. I won't be buying one any time soon though. All my Amps are Fender, and I probably won't buy anything else for a long time.

16. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Cowtipper nice...but, best of amps...does not exists...I believe that dude
    is proficient on the vox types...

17. mitchfit

mitchfit Tele-Holic

Aug 14, 2011
    north east texas
    trying to describe THE sound to a prospective amp builder....

electric players need a reference dictionary for all the real estate sales quality adjectives that have been generated! same through their ethereal aesthetic vagueness have come to mean all that you can prove from previous in context usage.

shimmer-ice pick-bark-tight-crunch-clipping-OD-swirl-3D-punchy-sag-hair-thump-growl-smooth-brittle-harsh

ETC, etc.

clips on the "tube"...

1--good amps can sound quite fecal with poor recording skills.
    2--good recordings of good amps will still pull 30+ inches of mercury with marginal computer monitors and low def formats.
    3--cheapish, one trick pony amps, and even questionable amps can sound very, very nice when recorded under the spell of a recording magician.

pls see:

http://www.google.com/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=d39eb878369ef087&q=jimmy+page+recording+led+zepplin+I

to me your best bet is go to all the good sized music stores you and your fossil fuels can get to--WITH ALL OF YOUR GEAR--in tow.

axes, pedals, cables, even the speaker cab you want to use if buying just a head. pretty labor intensive, but take the whole ball of wax.

try as many amps as you can with ~your~ gear. guaranteed this can save you one, or many amp purchases that likely will not go the distance.

BUY ~SOMETHING~. IF ONLY TO SHOW APPRECIATION FOR AMP/SALESMAN TIME AND ELECTRONS YOU HAVE BURNED.

~especially if the amp of your dreams wasn't there.~

if all of the non-digital music stores close, buying amps will become russian roulette with a single shot pistol.

$0.02
    mitchfit

18. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

Feb 16, 2010
    Sweden
    For cleans, Fender Twin Reverb Blackface. For overdrive, Marshall 1959 SLP.

19. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

Aug 6, 2012
    Ha! I get stuff thrown at me, but it ain't undergarments!

An older gentleman who'd been around in the classic rock scene once told me if he had to pick one amp, it'd be the Vox AC30, because it does what it does very well, very consistently, and very dependable.
    I don't think there's a perfect amp. But there are many amps that are good or great at what they were designed for.

20. bblumentritt

bblumentritt Tele-Afflicted

Dec 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    See my sig line.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.