Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

best tremolo pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by soul-o, Sep 12, 2011.

1. andrenighthound

andrenighthound Tele-Afflicted

Dec 10, 2007
    Bronx NY

2. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2006
    ardmore, ok
    Eventide Modfactor works great for me. One pedal covers all of my modulation needs. Sounds great at every setting.

3. Easyrom

Easyrom TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Paris, France
    +1 !

4. Guitarmang6730

Guitarmang6730 Tele-Meister

Jul 1, 2011
    Duarte California
    +1
    the semaphore is great but the stereo semaphore is Amazing:rolleyes:

5. Guitarmoog

Guitarmoog Banned

Jul 22, 2006
    Nowhere
    I'm a huge fan of the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter. very little noticeable volume drop, a shape knob to go from sine to triangle to square wave, and tap tempo combined with a ratio control. This means you can tap the tempo and have it translated to pulse at a 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 or 4:1 ratio. I find the 3:1 ratio is just about right for almost everything I use it on. It's well build, and I've had it on my pedalboard for 3 or 4 years and lots of gigs without any problems. Highly recommended.

6. belecky

belecky TDPRI Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Krasnodar, Russia
    I use Zvex seek-trem. It is crazy good thing as a special effect, but as usual tremolo seektrem is characterless. Tremolo in my vox ac15 sounds more interesting.

7. Loganloveguitar

Loganloveguitar Tele-Holic

Oct 13, 2010
    Canada
    if your on a budget then the visual sound garagetone chopper is for you

8. hotraman

hotraman Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2007
    Camas, WA
    I agree with this... I've owned the Boss tremolo and sold it.
    The Diamond is total old school, CCR, swamp, and more. The triplet patterns are worth the price. And you can tap tempo it when its not engaged.

9. Jay Isler

Jay Isler Tele-Meister

May 1, 2007
    Keller, TX
    I just bought the Garagetone trem. I don't know if its the best, but it sounds really good to me and doesn't have the volume drop problems. Also, I've been told that it has the same great buffer that the more expensive visual sound pedals use. I don't know what that means exactly but that is what people keep telling me.

10. Elexi

Elexi TDPRI Member

Mar 28, 2009
    London
    Used to be a modded Boss TR2, which was pretty damn good, but now I use an Effectrode Delta Trem - that is when I am not playing through my 63 RI Vibroverb.

11. rcboals

rcboals Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2010
    Springfield, Oregon
    Since I'm up and found this thread. I bought a used Analogman Boss TR-2 $100.00 and it sounds exactly like the Tremolo on my 66 Pro Reverb without any volume drop.

12. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

May 7, 2008
    Okinawa, Japan
    I've got this and have had it since the mid '90's. 2 knobs, I think the newer ones have 3. Pretty much a classic Fender Trem sound. I don't use it much these days 'cause I've been using my '62 Bandmaster and the Trem on that is the best I've ever heard.

13. SackvilleDan

SackvilleDan Tele-Holic

Feb 8, 2009
    Sackville
    I have had one for about three years, and it is fantastic. The tap tempo (and hold-to-double) is phenomenal. I can sync mid song and the unit is so user friendly. The different rhythms and settings are great, but I usually just use the eight note setting.

Sound quality is great; works flawlessly live and no volume drop. You can even boost if you need it!

14. Ed Boyd

Ed Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Mar 25, 2009
    Illinois
    The Boss TR-2 is fine. No Volume drop on the newer
    Models at all that I can tell. I have only one minor issue and it is very minor.

I wish somehow the rate knob was not so sensitive especially around 2:00. I would like the speed to change at a decreasing rate. I use it at max depth almost like a slicer during the first couple of verses of Country Girl Shake It and tweaking the rate to the exact speed I want was not as easy as I would like. Don't know if any others out there would be better at this. I got the speed close enough then taped down the rate knob.

15. tele-vangelist

tele-vangelist Tele-Meister

Jul 9, 2008
    Detroit-ish
    I use a lot of tremolo.

I have a Demeter Tremulator and don't care for it.

However, I'm in love with my Strymon Flint. It has three types of term – '61 Harmonic, '63 Power Tube and '65 Photocell. The '61 Harmonic tremolo is as good as the harmonic tremolo in my brown face '61 Fender Pro. I use that and the '63 Power Tube all the time.

16. jefcon1

jefcon1 Tele-Meister

Apr 29, 2009
    Wake Forest, NC
    I use the voodoo labs 4 knob trem. I'm far from a trem snob, but it seems very authentic old school to me. Old school being CCR or the Doors or similar stuff for my definition.
    As was mentioned, you get a decent clean boost for the price of admission too. I don't use trem very often and it still earns it's keep as a boost.

17. vernon

vernon Tele-Meister

Jul 8, 2012
    granby, ct
    Fulltone Supa-Trem +1

18. SwampFuzz

SwampFuzz Tele-Holic

I like my Diaz Texas Tremodillo...it's the "newer" model with 9v power, true bypass and an LED.

That Strymon Flint looks really cool but is the reverb before the trem? Doesn't conventional wisdom dictate that reverb goes at the END of the pedal chain?

19. Meshgearfox

Meshgearfox Tele-Meister

Jul 29, 2012
    Montague, mi
    The order of reverb & tremolo in the Flint can be switched. Trem->verb is conventional on pedal boards but many amps are wired verb->trem.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.