Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Tele Being Manufactured Today?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by bglaze, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sneakyjapan

sneakyjapan Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    nippon
    thanks very much but....could you say that in French? I`m from Montreal.
    :eek:

I`m just over here buyin` up guitars `n stuff.

2. chabby

chabby Friend of Leo's

Jan 11, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    As the proud new owner of a black Tribute I have to agree. Also the neck is so slick and fast. I have owned 3 Teles in my life: two 80's model Am Std's and one 2002 52RI and now this G&L Tibute. If you were to offer me all 3 back for this ASAT, I wouldnt do it. And it only cost 450 bucks.

3. chubbsdarcy

chubbsdarcy Tele-Meister

Nov 18, 2007
    La Tabatiere, Qc.
    What thoughts do you folks have on buying all brand new parts and assembling a top of the line custom partscaster over buying a top of the line of thye rack model? Im finding that every time I go to a guitar store I cant find a single tele that does everything for me. Ive had a late eighties-early nineties japanese standard tele for 12-13 years which has a neck I love, but Ive had a hard time finding another guitar with a neck to compare to that one. Ive also got a wilkinson bridge installed with 3 fully adjustable brass barrel saddles and a Sd Broadcaster pup, and something tells me that whatever I buy well end up a similar bridge and SD pups. Plus the body will certainly be covered in leather by Sharon at guitarsnthings.com just as soon as my funds would allow anyways...I dunno, perhaps if I am lucky enough to pick one up off the rack that I really like Id bite the bullet...somehow though, Im kinda leaning towards putting one together on my own...just curious, what do you folks think on the subject?

4. 59TweedVibrolux

59TweedVibrolux Tele-Holic

Jun 1, 2008
    Australia
    Chiho Hahn hands down the Best Tele available. Pricey
    but you get what you pay for. Only Tele you will ever want.

5. drb1346

drb1346 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 18, 2006
    Maryville, MO
    I love my Honey Blonde Highway One. Wouldn't trade it for anything!

6. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 26, 2008
    roanoke, va
    Considering GC has them for sale at something like $1100 now, I'll take as many as you can find at that price. PM me for my address.

Seriously.

7. GuloGulo

GuloGulo Tele-Meister

Jan 17, 2008
    Eastern US
    Honestly, I did a little tele run when I was at GC and I'm impressed with the new 09 MIM standard. They went back to a fatter neck (probably the same neck on the Road worn just not reliced), features are still everything you need and they came back out with the blue color I like.

8. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    You know, I never looked at or considered the Standard MIM seriously, but I checked one out at Sam Ash the other week and was impressed. There are a couple of mods I'd want to do to it, but it's a very well put together and designed Tele. And, I agree, with a very nice neck.

9. sa paine

sa paine Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2007
    greenfield NY

10. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I looked at the Topic very carefully just now, and the requirements are:

1) Now;

2) Manufactured;

3) Tele.

An ASAT isn't a Tele, so I withdraw that nomination;

If a Custom Shop is not "manufactured", then it is twisted to suggest that a Chihoe Hahn or that sort of custom crafted guitar is "manufactured";

And my AV 52 FSR "Inlay" Telecasters are no longer being made, and neither are the "Thin Skins", so I choose:

The G E Smith. I think it best represents the Best Tele Manufactured Today. :^)

11. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Norway
    The American Vintage '52 Telecaster.

I haven't played a G.E. Smith Tele, but the divergence from the original Leo design excludes it in my opinion ..... A bit unfair maybe, but that's how I feel :oops: ...

So while I agree with your premises, I disagree with your conclusion. ;)

12. JPW2105

JPW2105 Tele-Holic

Jul 23, 2009
    'Sunny' Devon, UK
    The best two I have ever played, one was as custom made by English guitar maker Hugh Manson - it was just about perfect. Loads of punch and just jaw dropping to look at.

The other was the Brent Mason signature (I know I'm biased!!!)... but it has a really really good tone...

13. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 18, 2004
    North Carolina
    Same here. I used mine at church yesterday and got lots of compliments on my playing and tone. :D

14. mr newhaven

mr newhaven Tele-Holic

Jun 1, 2009
    New Haven, CT
    +1

i have an AVRI 62 Strat and its well made...i was in love with the 52 AVRI teles and the hot rods but ultimately chose to get an 80's MIJ Rosewood Tele...

the MIJ tele's especially from the 80's and 90's have ridiculous attention to detail...

for example the neck joint is soo tight to the neck that it almost looks like set in neck as opposed to a bolt on and im sure that was the point...it has sustain for days!

i was blown away by the MIJ to be quite honest...they really do live up to the hype!!!!

RON KIRN also makes an EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT TELE...i have one of his barn busters and its slowly knocking all of my other guitars into obscurity!
    haha

he is the man!

15. redddog

redddog Tele-Holic

May 7, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    This is what I'm doing right now and will most-likely will never buy another off-the-rack tele. For me, the ability to put together a tele that is perfectly built to my specs is too good to pass up. Add in the fact that you can save $4-500 if you were to buy a similar quality instrument and the satisfaction of building it yourself and for me, it's a no-brainer.

Go for it man. I have to warn you though. You will not be able to do just one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.