Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

best reverb pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by jamesbookert, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Suicideking

Suicideking Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2010
    Palm Bay FL
    Hermida reverb it is cheap only 99 bucks and it sounds really good clean and distorted. I have tried a LOT of reverb pedals and like a lot of them but this one IMO sounds the best, just simply reverb like on a good amp. A cheaper decent reverb is the Biyang Baby Boom reverb it is also a good all around reverb with more options. Also I havent tried one personally yet, but the TC Electronics Hall Of Fame Reverb looks and sounds REALLY good in the demos..

2. looney77

looney77 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 28, 2010
    Kentucky
    I have the old big box holy grail, it was one problem after another, although it sounded very good, IMO. So I broke down and got the Cathedral. It is great, but it is overkill for me. It has to have it's own power supply, which is a hassle. It has delay, but you can't use delay and verb at the same time. It is also pretty big. I have thought about trading it for a Trex tonebug or a boss rv5. Anbody have any opinions on these 2?

3. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Holic

Oct 17, 2008
    Tujunga California
    Has anyone tried the Byang RV-10 Tri-Reverb?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-RV-10-Stereo-Reverb-Guitar-Effect-Pedal_W0QQitemZ260728762332QQcategoryZ41415QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZe11010.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D180646582598%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8223295560006690442

It looks pretty good, this new model is in a small MXR-sized box, and the price is right. I assume it uses the Belton Brick like most of the new reverb pedals, but I don't know for sure. Also true bypass, for what it's worth. And stereo in and out for guys with stereo setups.

Anyone try it out?.

Al

4. Suicideking

Suicideking Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2010
    Palm Bay FL
    Did you read my post?

5. ESQUIRE JR

ESQUIRE JR Tele-Meister

Mar 8, 2010
    TX
    I've got one on the way. Price is right :cool:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

6. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Holic

Oct 17, 2008
    Tujunga California
    Yeah, I did, but sorry I didn't catch the "Baby Boom" connection. Anyone else try this one?. Anything you don't like about it?.

I'm wondering if it's just the newer version of the RV-8 Byang Tri-Reverb, which comes in a bigger box. If anyone has tried both, are they the same, except for the size of the box?.

Thanks,
    Al

7. hotrodkid

hotrodkid Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2011
    South Florida
    EHX Holy Grail (older version) use it only for clean tones, no hiss.

8. epi-tone

epi-tone TDPRI Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Have a look and listen to strymon blue sky. Deadset crazy pedal if you can to dish out the money

9. Tone Freak

Tone Freak TDPRI Member

Apr 3, 2008
    California
    I use an EHX Holier Grail and I really like it. It's not muddy for me. I power it through a PP2+. The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes up so much room.

10. 56strat

56strat Tele-Meister

Jul 7, 2008
    Bothell, Washington
    I recently picked up a Boss FRV-1 and I like it a lot.

11. flag72

flag72 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 20, 2009
    Canada/venise-en-quebec
    BOSS FRV-1 is the one for me...lol

12. willvis

willvis TDPRI Member

Dec 18, 2008
    nashville tennessee
    ..V.erbs

Verbzilla sounds great but line six quality control stinks. I love boss rv3, and have been using an rv5 on tour and like it a lot. Boss stuff is built to last and the switches are quiet. I like true bypass in theory, but to be honest a lot of TB pedals make a lot clicks and pops turning on and off.

13. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 5, 2008
    Tulsa
    +2. Using the EHX specific wall wart is a must when using the HG. I don't mind it at all, even if I have to use an extra extension cord sometimes. It's one of those "from my cold dead hands" effects. I have not found it muddy with fuzz or distortion effects, but I don't use distortion or overdrive much. I know a guy who uses his through the effects loop and uses quite a bit of distortion. I don't know if that is something that adresses any muddiness or hissing issues, but my experience has been pretty quiet. The first one I got had problems, but that was a defective pedal. Traded it in for the one I've been using for the lat 8 years.

14. JoshuaCLS

JoshuaCLS Tele-Afflicted

May 22, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    For what it's worth, I've played quite a few reverbs in the past few months. I tried the holy grail, holy grail nano, verbzilla, hall of fame, boss rv-5, hardwire, biyang tri-verb. I wound up keeping the holy grail nano, for cost reasons. Maybe one day I'll upgrade to a hall of fame.

The others, weren't cutting it.

I run my HG nano off of a one spot, and it's dead quiet. The original HG Was noisy off of the one spot.

15. misc1600

misc1600 Tele-Meister

Mar 13, 2011
    Erie, CO

16. Gringo13

Gringo13 Tele-Holic

Nov 6, 2009
    East Tennessee
    The Holy Grail suits me to the ground. The controls are easy to dial in and the tones are top-quality.

17. iamharlan

iamharlan Tele-Meister

Nov 23, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Holy bump, Batman. I'm pretty sure my opinions would have differed 3+ years ago.

18. DirtyMacSpecial

DirtyMacSpecial Tele-Meister

Oct 3, 2011
    Omaha, NE (U.S)

19. scantron81

scantron81 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 29, 2009
    Georgia
    Loving this pedal. Thinking about the Ghost Echo or the Malekko Chicklet Omicron. Whichever I can get used at my price point.

20. Sitebort

Sitebort TDPRI Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Greece

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.