Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best reverb pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by robotguitar, Oct 5, 2013.

1. kromanomo

kromanomo Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2011
    Brooklyn, NYC
    +1

I like my Mallekko Chicklet for spring type. The Supernatural for everything else.

2. ogguitar

ogguitar Tele-Meister

May 29, 2013
    Hong Kong
    I really enjoy the EHX Cathedral. I love the spring settings, and the plate is pretty good too. The Hall and room settings can be a lot trickier to dial in, but once you set them they can bring a lot of atmosphere to your sound. The biggest surprise for me was the usability of the reverse reverb. It definitely isn't a mere novelty setting just for messing around at home.

I'd like to give a shout out to the Red Panda Context as well. I haven't had the opportunity to play through one yet, but from what I've heard they sound incredible.

3. DOC DYA

DOC DYA Tele-Meister

Oct 4, 2012
    Luçon _ France
    Hardwire RV7 sounds natural with single coils and humbuckers... and I don't use the built in reverbs of my amps...

4. Jeff1966

Jeff1966 TDPRI Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Reverbamate is great spring reverb, basically an outboard reverb tank with a actual springs but it is big maybe 8 x 10 and so I leave it in the music room. Does that one thing excellently.

Got the TC Hall of Fame for the pedalboard and it works great out live at the jams I do. Spring is not as good as Reverbamate but I like having the other options too. Does many things very well.

Then got the Strymon Flint to take the spot of the reverb plus trem. Like it better for reverb than the hall of fame. Also has 3 reverb types but simpler controls. I know you want just reverb so I'm betting the Strymon Blue Sky is great. But twice as expensive as the Hall of Fame.

Three great options IMO at different prices and portability.

5. telegibson

telegibson Tele-Meister

Oct 14, 2010
    Italy
    How big is the hardwire pedal?

6. jeff23

jeff23 TDPRI Member

Jan 15, 2011
    netherlands
    the best reverb pedal in tone is the wet reverb by neunaber for me - it has not many settings, but the tone and reality of the room is very good.

see here the differncies between a strymon and the neunaber:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9NlsYEMxA

i think the modulation is a bit better in the neunaber - but the strymon delivers more options.

i myself use the EHX Cathedral because of the freeze knob and the reverse settings... and it's cheap ;)

7. DOC DYA

DOC DYA Tele-Meister

Oct 4, 2012
    Luçon _ France
    14 x 8 cm (metric, since you are in Italy). Take into account the connection.

8. darkwaters

darkwaters Tele-Holic

Oct 14, 2012
    Newfoundland
    Love my Hall Of Fame. Lots of great verbs in there.

9. dmeeg05

dmeeg05 Tele-Meister

Jan 3, 2011
    Dundalk, Ireland
    Malekko Spring Chicken LE!!! I can't describe how much I love it!

10. lareplus

lareplus Tele-Afflicted

Mar 9, 2010
    tucson, az
    My faves are EQD Ghost Echo, EHX Holy Stain, Supernatural and the Flint. . .not in any order. I've owned the HOF but for some reason it just didn't grab me. .

11. rcboals

rcboals Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2010
    Springfield, Oregon
    #1 #1 #1 U B Right Boyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Under $100.00 shipped all day long got mine for $85.00
    After researching the best reverb pedal topic until blue in the face. I got the RV-7 I had the Boss FVR-1 great spring reverb nails it yes sir, but don't slam it with any gain not a good thing and it sucks tone even when it is off. #1 for the RV-7 sounds as good as any reverb is going to get in a pedal no matter what you paid for it. The RV-7 handles gain plus your dry analog guitar signal stays analog and doesn't go through the converters. When the pedal is off it is true bypass so no tone suck. Get over your reluctance to DOD or Digitech or whatever they call themselves now Hardwire or Supernatural. The RV-7 is the best sounding best used priced deal out there for a reverb in a pedal.

12. teleworship21

teleworship21 Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2013
    Ohio
    I have the T-Rex WhirlyVerb, primarily because I was in the market for a reverb and got it at GC's stomp-a-thon for dirt cheap on clearance. It gets the job done, but not worth the $150 bucks retail (I got it for $50).

13. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 24, 2011
    Colorado
    Last week I got a Line 6 Verbzilla when Sweetwater was blowing them out for less than half price. I like it quite well. It has some goofy reverbs for guitar players who wish they were keyboard players, but the spring and plate reverbs are pretty.

I probably wouldn't pay full price for the pedal, but at $60, I'm very happy with it. It's working well to add some reverb when I play with my Vibro Champ. I'm quite impressed with the reverbs I use on it.

14. telegibson

telegibson Tele-Meister

Oct 14, 2010
    Italy
    I've just ordered my second reverb pedal.

I listened to some video clips on youtube comparing Wet Neunaber, Strymon Blue Sky,
    Harwire RV7, and TC Hall of Fame (which I already have).

My choice has been: Wet Neunaber stereo.

15. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Tele-Afflicted

Apr 2, 2012
    The Bluegrass
    I have had many "reverb" pedals... sold 'em all. Last year got a Mr. Black Supermoon. Not real sure if it works where people want actual reverb... we don't have a key player so I use the Supermoon for ambient key-like-guitar pad fills. It also does a keen early VH sound when I'm at home ;)

16. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

May 13, 2009
    NY
    The only reverb pedal I really liked was the Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy...worked well clean and dirty...was very organic and natural sounding...simple, one dial control...just perfect. I sold it when I realized I just like a little delay better than reverb...but to my ears, this was the best...close second was the Tech 21 Boost RVB.

17. domm

domm Tele-Meister

Jan 1, 2012
    boston ma
    currently using a mad professor silver spring. im digging it!

18. ReverbEffects

ReverbEffects NEW MEMBER!

Sep 11, 2014
    Lincoln
    Oh, man there are so many good ones for both digital and analog. I put a guide together which will should help each person answer the question of 'which reverb pedal is best' for themselves!

http://reverbeffects.com/

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.