Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Restaurant in World?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by scrapyardblue, Dec 4, 2018.

1. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    I'm not a "foodie". Mostly I eat because my stomach complains if I don't. I like food that tastes good as much as the next guy, and I've had some meals that were better than others, but, I'm a bottom liner.
    I've found that no matter how good it was or how much you paid for it, bottom line, and, usually, at the end of the day it ends up in the same place. One flush, usually, and it's gone. :cool:

SacDAve likes this.
  2. dr_tom

dr_tom Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2013
    Ontario
    Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy

PeterUK likes this.
  3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Makes me wonder: does this fancy restaurant have WD-40 in their toilets?

TwangyWhammy likes this.
  4. dr_tom

dr_tom Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2013
    Ontario
    Pok Pok is definitely up there for me. Love Thai food

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Unlimited breadsticks? No? I'm out.

6. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    This is from Martin Berasategui, a Spanish restaurant in at #2. Hey, I think I see a piece of food in there:)

6838418-6446521-image-a-66_1543586518356.jpg

7. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    My two favourites, therefore my best restaurants in the world are:

The 100-years Restaurant in Budapest (http://www.szazevesetterem.hu/eng/about/) and;

The Last Appeal or Zur Letzten Instanz in Berlin. (https://zurletzteninstanz.com/en/.

Napoleon apparently dine here.

Both serve excellent and inexpensive, traditional (Hungarian and German respectively) food and I would highly recommend both.

The best pizza I’ve ever had was in Prague and the best steak was in Amsterdam.

Some of the worst Chinese food was in China and I’ve eaten crocodile in Singapore.

How any restaurant could be regarded as the best in the world puzzles me as good food is so subjective and tastes and palettes vary considerably.

I’ve eaten at some high end, expensive restaurants run by internationally renown chefs and stopped for a burger on the way home and eaten at simple ‘home cooking’ cafés and rated their food highly!

Best restaurant in the world? Nah, I don’t buy that.

:) Peter

scrapyardblue likes this.
  8. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    Thank you for going to the next level and pointing out the reality of it all. :eek:

jackinjax likes this.
  9. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    That looks like the scraps the chickens get when my stepmom chops up a salad:eek:

scrapyardblue likes this.
  10. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    I've eaten at some high-falutin' places, but nothing that would make any of those ''best in the world'' lists. I guess I've led a deprived life:cry:

My personal favorite is The Cracked Conch Cafe on Marathon Key. They fry seafood just right - extremely hot and fast. I think they have some secret for heating peanut oil to 500 degrees without exploding:eek:

I can still beat them at hushpuppies, though:)

11. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    I've never tasted chickenfish but I do like flying fish roe. ;)

teletimetx likes this.
  12. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Real Spanish restaurants...not Mexican...are fantastic, but I guess it depends from what part of Spain. The stuff I adored in NYC (both places long closed) was I guess closer to Portuguese, heavy on the seafood.

We have nothing like it in my part of South Florida. Maybe in Miami, a half hour and more south of me, but it's ridiculous $$$.

13. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    The Texas Taco in Patterson NY, but it closed up a few years ago. You missed your chance. Best burritos, fiesta pups, guacamole, tacos and atmosphere. The world has sucked since Rosemary closed shop.

[​IMG]

14. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    We had good music too when I worked there. Everything from Buddy Holly to Crazy Horse at the Texas Taco. Movie stars and biker clubs would show up for lunch. Did I mention good tacos?

15. PCollen

PCollen Tele-Afflicted

May 7, 2010
    Man of the World
    I'll be visiting my daughter in Kendall (Miami) this month. Perhaps I'll check out one of your suggestions.

16. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I find haute cuisine to be just as important as haute couture. That is, not at all.

stevemc likes this.
  17. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    ...what is "fiesta pup", please? I don't think I've encountered such a thing in Texas (at least by that name), but maybe I just need to learn something new?

18. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    ....mmmmm, hushpuppies!

I've made homemade, and so far, they've been....ok.....the most memorable ones I've encountered so far were in a place near Ocean Springs, Mississippi...or was it Gulf Shores, Alabama? Can't remember now. oh, but hushpuppies. Yeah.

19. rand z

rand z Friend of Leo's

Feb 19, 2004
    trumansburg, ny
    Any number of local restaurant's in and around Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Italian, Greek, Mexican, Asian, Pizza (a million of em), Bar-food, Middle Eastern, Sub shop's (a million of em) and, yes...

Pennsylvania Dutch/German Restaurant's.

Classic Dutch meat and potato-noodle (i.e., chicken pot-pie) places of which many are Smorgasbord style. Not necessarily healthy stuff or atmospheric interiors, but peeps come from many miles away to Lancaster County...

TO EAT!

It's not very expensive and after you're finished...

YOU'RE DEFINITELY NOT HUNGRY!

20. rand z

rand z Friend of Leo's

Feb 19, 2004
    trumansburg, ny
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.