Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Restaurant in World?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by scrapyardblue, Dec 4, 2018.

1. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    I tried crocodile once. It did not taste like any chicken to me......More like crocodile really.

I would never bother with it again nor the emu I tried at the same restaurant.

Kangaroo fillet is vey tasty however and I can buy it in my local supermarket.

teletimetx likes this.
  2. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    I know the answer, but I'm not going to tell anyone for fear that prices will go up.

: P

Doctorx33 and unixfish like this.
  3. MisterZ

MisterZ Tele-Meister

Apr 29, 2016
    Finger Lakes of NYS
    Someone beat me to "Arthur Bryant's". (It was Calvin Trillin, around 1972.)

Nickadermis likes this.
  4. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    sorta looks like lopped-off digits

mmm

scrapyardblue likes this.
  5. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    A lot of restaurants used to take skate filet...punch out little discs...and sell it as scallops.

stevemc likes this.
  6. cnlbb

cnlbb Tele-Holic

Jun 19, 2014
    United States
    Is a website full of people who are willing to spend tons of money on guitars when a $200 dollar squire will do, really going to get on the case of people who prefer to spend their money on a different sort of passion?

Let them have their deconstructed cake, and let us have our don mare pickups in warmouth partscasters.

Manual Slim likes this.
  7. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Well, I love a good meal, even a fancy meal, as long as it's fun to go there. The very idea that there is one "best restaurant in the world" is pretty silly. Some of the really fancy places feel more like a chore - I've eaten at a few of the top NYC spots plus done some dining around the world. The favorite in my hometown is a humble bakery / lunch cafe that has wonderful homemade sandwiches and so on. Worldwide I would say that the Blue Saucer (I think) in Mexico City was really, really memorable, a couple places in Saigon were unforgettable, and Pok Pok in Portland Oregon is a must go. I would highly highly recommend the truck stop / Czech bakery / BBQ joint on I-35 between Dallas and Austin as well.

dr_tom likes this.
  8. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    My favorite restaurant is The Palm, in NYC, but I’m not exactly a globetrotter.

When I worked for a Madison Avenue ad agency, our print vendors wined and dined us at the best restaurants in the city in order to win new business/projects.

I always had whole lobster and filet mignon combo, not that The Palm makes it better than anywhere else, but it tasted so much better because I wasn’t paying.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    stevemc, uriah1 and Paul in Colorado like this.
  9. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    All I know is that the best seafood I ever had was in Haines, Alaska. I'd swear that when you ordered, they went over to the river and caught it and then cooked it. Best salmon I ever had.

A friend of mine who has traveled the world thinks that The Taj Mahal here in Fort Collins has the best Indian food he's ever had. I think it's close but there are a couple that I think best it. One was in Boulder and the other in Silver Spring, MD.

10. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    It's not the best restaurant in the world, but I'd like to promote Woody's Pub in Coquitlam for all of the Lower Mainlanders on this forum.
    They have an $18 Prime Rib on Fridays that is really tasty. They also have a great selection of beer, and very friendly staff. It's just a great dining experience, which is what I need from a restaurant.

11. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    No hots wings or pizza either. Fail.

Doctorx33 and stevemc like this.
  12. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I also remember someone (Scali McAbe or JWT) taking us out to Sparks or something nice in NYC

Remember once we were taken to a fancy place, Michelin rated. They served us quail eggs and a squirt of something around the plate.

I kept asking the server to bring me bread lol

scrapyardblue likes this.
  13. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Meister

Jun 27, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Cajun-Shrimp-Po-Boy-Sandwiches-720x405.jpg

Tonight - I'm having a feast!

14. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX

...closest I've had was alligator sausage at the New Orleans Jazz Fest...tasted like chickenfish in a sausage...but not in a bad way, just not something I'm looking to repeat...

chezdeluxe likes this.
  15. jim777

jim777 TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2004
    South New Jersey
    I've eaten at 11 Madison Park (http://www.elevenmadisonpark.com/) a few times, which was voted 'Best In World' a few years in a row in the early teens and again in 2017. Stupid expensive (it was always a work thing so not out of my pocket), but beyond superb. Way, way beyond superb; but at nearly $1000 for dinner for two with wine you should expect that. Changed the way I look at restaurants, really kind of ruined restaurants for me lol.

Also very nice, but different, is Atera in NYC (http://ateranyc.com/#dinner). That was an anniversary present to the Mrs ONCE lol, it's another 'save up and come again' place :)

dr_tom likes this.
  16. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    Mama's Fish House in Maui. Best restaurant I've dinned at. It’s gotten to point you better make a Dinner reservation 3 months in advance and its not cheap. But the setting is unbelievable. mamas-fish-house-maui-584914.jpg fixedw_large_4x.jpg

OldDude2, scrapyardblue and jim777 like this.
  17. MisterZ

MisterZ Tele-Meister

Apr 29, 2016
    Finger Lakes of NYS
    The dinner I had at Per Se was like that for me. Damn near $500 for two (really expensive at the time) and can I remember anything we ate? No, sir, I cannot. Now, the dinner at Buca di S. Francesco in Assisi? Every moment, every flavor engraved permanently on my brain.

I don't go to stupidly expensive restaurants any more.

jim777 and dr_tom like this.
  18. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Sparks is where mafia boss Paul Castellano was killed, outside.

And I used to shtup a girl at Scali McCabe Sloves.

jim777 likes this.
  19. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

Feb 13, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Rock House BBQ in the Carolinas'.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.