Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best quality cheapest strat type guitar

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by toolshed, Oct 12, 2017.

1. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2004
    Middle America
    Used Strat or G&L ASAT for that $$$ ...

Anything less and you're looking at body-thickness issues, cheap electronics, often thin necks ...

Just my $.02 ...

2. LooseJack

LooseJack Tele-Meister

Feb 4, 2017
    transit lounge
    A Fender one will be easiest to sell when you want to trade up to a Tele

https://reverb.com/p/fender-standard-stratocaster#used_listings

Pixies2005 and Joe Sailor like this.

3. DougM

DougM Tele-Meister

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I second the posts recommending a used MIM Standard or Squier Classic Vibe. Squier Vintage Modified and Deluxe Strats are $300 new. But my first choice would be a used Japanese Fernandes LE2 like my avatar pic. I like it as much as any American or Mexican made Fender I've ever played.

4. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2017
    Harvest, Alabama
    toolshed,

Just by coincidence, I am looking to sell my Austin strat-copy.
    It's rock-solid, it stays in tune, and it produces wonderful Stratocaster tones.

AND, here's the kicker, I live just south of you, in northern Alabama.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really WANT to sell it, it's just that I am being forced to down-size, and there are a few beloved guitars that are on the chopping block. (My veterinary bills are thru the roof this month. I love my Rottweiler puppy more than I love some of my guitars.)

Call me or PM me.
    John Sparkman
    Cell phone number (256) 585-8602.

This really is a great guitar, and you will be knocked-out at the price (around $100 dollars).
    It is so much better than any Squier I have ever held or played, if that means anything to you.

:)

[​IMG]

Quinn23 and ZackyDog like this.

5. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2017
    Harvest, Alabama

6. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    For $79.95 (!), this one has me interested.

eg462iv111.jpg

More information is here. And a video:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Felino and richiek65 like this.

7. Quinn23

Quinn23 TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Somerset England
    My Ibanez 1981 Blazer. Probably the best neck i ever played, and I have heard it said from others too. If you can find one of these buy it.

Attached Files:

Felino likes this.

8. Quinn23

Quinn23 TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Somerset England
    Dunno where the telecaster I posted went.. here's another

Attached Files:

9. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

Sep 28, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    That's the same model I have. IMG_5390.JPG Can't beat it for the price.

ZackyDog likes this.

10. toolshed

toolshed TDPRI Member

Jun 11, 2014
    tennessee
    Have you played these? How do they feel and sound?

11. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Nope. Check out the video and with member davenumber2 (above).

12. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

Sep 28, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    As I said earlier in this thread, I bought one of these Hadeans a couple of years ago. I still have it. Some thoughts on the guitar: Overall, solidly built. Body is nicely finished, satin neck feels nice. Neck is a shallow C shape, feels like a flat radius, probably 12''. Satin finish on the neck feels nice. No logo on the headstock and it's pretty close to Fender shaped, which was nice. All the electronics worked fine when purchased although I replaced the small import pots with full size CTS which required some minor routing under the pickguard to get them to fit. The pickups are ceramic but sounded pretty good. I replaced them with Alnico but didn't "have to". The saddles were probably the weak point, just sounded dull. I replaced them with some stainless steel block saddles from GFS, much better. The trem works fine once set up, small trem block. Could upgrade to a bigger stainless steel block but I didn't bother. The tuners are cheap but they work and the guitar stays in tune well after a setup (which was pretty good out of the box by the way). Anything else you want to know about it, just ask.

ZackyDog likes this.

13. Pixies2005

Pixies2005 TDPRI Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Australia
    If you are in Europe or shipping from the EU is not too expensive check out Vintage brand guitars.

In terms of bang for the buck they they are hard to beat and they are in a different league to the SX brand models ( which I think are the EU sister of Rondo, though I am open to correction )

https://www.thomann.de/intl/au/st_models.html?oa=smb&filter=true&manufacturer[]=Vintage&price-first=0&price-last=15600&feature-46476-first=21&feature-46476-last=29&feature-46477-first=564&feature-46477-last=762

I have one of these https://www.thomann.de/intl/au/vintage_reissued_v6mssb_b_stock.htm

It needs some dodgy fret ends dressed and tidied but it’s perfectly playable, feels better than most strat types I’ve played, has a magical middle pup and tone and vol that are nicely graduated and effective.

I hated strats before I played one of these

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017

14. Quinn23

Quinn23 TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Somerset England
    Sorry wrong thread..haha.. how do I delete comments?

15. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Holic

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    This.

You might need to file some rough fret ends, but the Legacy Tribute series is nicer than any non-USA Fender. The trem is much more stable, the tone controls provide more flexibility, and they sound great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.