Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best non Fender Tele copy ?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by maestrovert, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sneakyjapan

sneakyjapan Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    nippon
    I have one of those Mike Stern 1511 Pacificas...it`s been in Canada for several years and I haven`t had it in my hands for that long but I remember it not being stained, there is a thin finish on the body.

2. o0matt0o

o0matt0o TDPRI Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cornwall
    I live in cornwall, i'l be sure to look them up

3. fernando

fernando Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    a friend of mine has a Fernandes Tele, thinline, singlecoils, natural, pearl guard, from the 80s.
    It is a very nice guitar (play/sound/wood grain/finish), I'll take pictures next time.

4. edie5

edie5 Tele-Meister

Feb 6, 2007
    Koper, Slovenia

5. tumbleweed69

tumbleweed69 TDPRI Member

Jan 27, 2011
    i love my schecter pt,though it sports twin hb's, maderia teles made for guild in late 70's, early 80's area are awsome, made in same factory as ibanez guitars were at that time. their not terribly common these days,but i see them second hand from time to time. quality and finish are very good. if u do run across one and can play it ,u might like it. i did

6. Baaford

Baaford Tele-Meister

Aug 22, 2010
    England
    I emailed Danocaster for a quote but he didn't reply :(

7. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    Any of the old Japanese made Teles such as Tokai, Burny, Fernandez or Greco. Another brand made by the same people for the Australian market, Profile. All excellent, some say better than the Fenders of the late 70's-80's- I agree!

8. steve9199

steve9199 NEW MEMBER!

Dec 16, 2012
    Tennessee
    I came across a GREAT Tele copy here in the Nashville area, and it's less than $200 street price. It's a Welch, and they're out of North Carolina. I have one of their EL series guitars, but they also have some higher end ones at a great price. Sorry for the quality of the cell phone pic, but you'll get the idea.

Attached Files:

• g3.jpg
      g3.jpg
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views:

9. '56Teleman

'56Teleman Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2006
    Lindenhurst, IL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The best are the Tele's you put together yourself. [​IMG]

10. rockinstephen

rockinstephen Tele-Meister

Apr 21, 2011
    Maine/Florida
    I don't know what is, but I can tell you what isn't. Does anyone remember Stinger Guitars from the '80's? They were imported by Martin, of all people. Mine was a Tele shaped Strat hybrid. It had a Tele neck PU, a humbucker (with a coil splitter) in the bridge, and the bridge itself was a Strat style with whammy. The problem was, the body was plywood. I scrapped the guitar and used the parts for various other projects...

11. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

May 18, 2005
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    I kinda like my..........

Fame Mastercaster. They were Hondo's attempt at making a quality guitar some years back. I don't know the year of this one but I bought it used over twenty years ago. It looks like a one pickup Esquire but under the pickguard there's a Bill Lawrence double blade humbucker. The bridge pickup is a standard Tele pup. I added the HipShot multiple tuning Trilogy bridge unit a few years back which works very well. You can get three pre tuned notes per string. It's a nice copper finish on the body and headstock as well as binding on the top edge. It's the heaviest Tele type guitar in my collection. The original pickguard was an ivory color as were the tops of the neck humbucker and bridge single coil. Also in the original setup, when you switched to the middle position you'd get the "out of phase" sound but being there was the humbucker you didn't get the volume drop that you'd normally experience with a phase switch. I also reversed the control plate. Here's a shot or two of it............JH in Va.

Attached Files:

12. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

Oct 4, 2010
    canada
    I do have a Jay Turser tele, a SX Furrian and Xaviere(gfs) tele. To my opinion the 3 guitar are has good as any other tele. When i choose a guitar i always go by the playabilaty, the Jay Turser the pups where ok but not for my taste but the rest of the guitar exellent, so i change the pickups(dimarzio twang king set)and it sounded and feel like a boutique tele. For the SX Furrian all the guitar was perfect exept the nut and the electronics(pots,switch and pups)the neck is just perfect so has the body just a awsome guitar, i put a set of GFS Alnico Fatbody Oversized Polepiece 7K version for the bridge and to my opinion it's a real telecaster sound wise. The Xaviere XV-820 the guitar was just plain good every thing was good on it, i alway's wont a esquiere so i mod it to become one i put a Cavalier lion from Rob Distefano(bridge)and i got myself a Real esquiere in my opinion. Cocoboudin

13. terrybellcountr

terrybellcountr Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2009
    Sweden
    @ telekinetic:

You said: Guitars better than women:

You can have a guitar professionally adjusted......

Never heard of plastic surgery??????? :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.