Best new car transaction ever! For us!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bullfrogblues, Jun 14, 2019.

1. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

The lease on my wife's Honda CR-V is up soon, so we were looking for a replacement.
    Our daughter had done a few deals through a new car buy/lease broker, so we looked into it.
    Test drove a few vehicles at dealerships with the caveat that we were not buying, just trying to decide.
    We decided on a Toyota Highlander XLE and called the broker with all the options and colors we wanted, and 5 days later the Highlander was delivered to our driveway and all paperwork signed right here. I think we got a great deal on it, but even if it were a little more than we could have haggled, we didn't have to go through all that.
    I would use this broker again in a heartbeat. Such a smooth transaction I didn't think was possible.

2. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

I bought an Acura through a now-defunct broker called Beepi. We got the car for a great price. It was inspected by them and delivered to our door on a flatbed truck and had a large bow on the hood. It had been washed and the tank was full of gas. Signed the paperwork at our table and the deal was done. I think Carvana has replaced them.

Toto'sDad and bullfrogblues like this.
  3. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, that's why they're now-defunct, gave such good deals and service for not enough money!

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

It will be interesting to see if this approach to purchasing catches on.

I know a lot of people working for certain kinds of employers, where there's a car buying service you get when you sign on to work there. The board room wants you happy and not wasting lots and lots of time chasing down deals. I won't mention the names of the corporate employers but the supplier of the car knows not to engage in all the "tricks" that individuals sometimes have to cope with.

5. bullfrogblues

The company I dealt with out of Miami has been in business well over 10 years. He must be doing something right.

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Congratulations!
    A happy deal is a groovy thing!

bullfrogblues likes this.
  7. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

We bought our Mazda through Costco. My wife registered on their site, entered what car she wanted, and the dealer contacted us.

Costco pricing for the car we wanted was $1550 below dealer invoice; that is what we paid. We had to do the paperwork mind you, but we also got 0% financing on a deal through Mazda.

All in all, we were really happy with the process; no haggling, just pick a car and the price was already determined.

We will be doing that again when we need another car.

Jimmy Owen and bftfender like this.
  8. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

how much was the brokers fee?

stratofortress likes this.
  9. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Last new car I bought , back in October wasn't planned.
    I bought it while waiting to have the oil changed on the former , two year old , car....

10. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Meister

no need to sell a car anymore bec most of us know what we want. its the financing options that sells or blows the deal.
    I e-shopped for 6 months before I found and bought what I wanted. I could only imagine the horror of all those months shopping if I had to go to a dealership, without the net...

weee ya got a new car!!! love that new car smell..its probably toxic ya know :)

imwjl likes this.
  11. bullfrogblues

I never saw a fee from this broker. None of the paperwork from the dealership has anything on it. Maybe the dealership kicks back to him.
    I also got 0% financing for 60 months.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  12. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

cool man! thats great no added fees hit ya!

13. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, it's become very much straightforward compared to car buying in most of my life. We've stopped buying them as often and that's nice too but we got one two summer's ago and have recently helped our moms who are getting near 90 with purchases. One of them is not much of an Internet user. My mother is and the moment the dealers knew that any nonsense stopped.

In the past year we helped a kid with her first car and one parent to think now there's lots of nonsense in what you buy vs how you buy. For us it was easy to tell how much of a basic model is in the high end model. There's no 300 HP, but I mean it was easy to recognize the Civic, Rav4, Accord or Camry underpinnings in their Acura and Lexus cousins. For GM and Ford luxury models you could sense the basic Chevrolet and Ford versions we've known from rental fleets in what they call a Cadillac or Lincoln.

Even so, our state and I think most do have a truth in lending part of the purchase if you finance the vehicle.

Have any of you bought or started to buy a Tesla? I've not gotten as far as make the downpayment but I look forward to the day we buy cars that way. My apologies to anyone selling cars, but Tesla helps you realize how bad the sales process is if only the use of your personal time.

14. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

The bottom line is the bottom line. To me, it doesn't and it shouldn't matter how the bookkeepers put this number in this column and that number in that column. The broker obviously gets paid some kind of way; even if the vehicle went on the books as a loss he'd get something (or he couldn't be bothered).

For example when I settled up one personal injury case, my client (the injured person, not at fault) asked for not one but four checks. One to show the wife, one to show to girlfriend #1, one to show to girlfriend #2 and one to give directly to his mom. The sum of the four checks was precisely as it would've been with the one. Creativity, flexibility gets things done (so long as you're not trying to bypass the IRS or something).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.