Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Leslie effects pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by The_Nork, Jun 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, I can see the problem now: you're not good at following orders. ;)

RoyBGood and Paul Jenkin like this.

2. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Definitely not, unless they emanate from my missus. I know "which side my bread is buttered", so to speak :rolleyes:

Axis29, El Tele Lobo and 4pickupguy like this.

3. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    I would add that any rotary pedal with some kind of EQ on it would be nice. I find they are often too bright or too muddy for me.
    Be very careful listening to demos not in a band mix... in the mix they get buried a lot, all you hear is high shrill or low mud.
    Maybe the question should be re-asked including "in the band mix"
    There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread with Vibe vs Rotating speaker. They are not the same.
    The cheap NUX Roctary does what that Ventilator does with high and low rotary adjustment.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

4. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    I have had a Neo Ventilator for 6 or 7 years. It is very realistic sounding. I don't use it a lot, but have used it on vocals, electric, acoustic, resonator and key tracks.

bigbean likes this.

5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    You can pick them up used from time to time. I paid $350 for my full size Vent II.

And then I sold it because I didn't want to tie up so much cash for a niche item; I was short on gear cash at the time; and Gibson/CME was blowing out their ES line. All these very good reasons (and I have a ES-275 to show for it!), but man, now thanks to this thread, I miss it terribly.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

6. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    I get that, which is why I also suggested the EHX Lester. It’s a pretty close second actually and half the price.
    Of course, it didn’t exist back when I got my Vent...

Fiesta Red likes this.

7. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    Korg Toneworks G4

8. I've had the Rotosphere for years and I do like it. But it can be noisy at times. Had the Korg G4 for awhile but upgraded to the Rotosphere. If I had to replace it I would definitely go for the Ventilator II. I won't until I am forced to or win the lottery though at the going price.
    Rotosphere.jpg

9. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Jun 27, 2005
    Montclair, NJ
    I have the original, big box Neo Ventilator. I don't go looking for rotary effects now. Have never heard better. It has a great feel in the room when the volume goes up, with a little edge to the sound. The sound skids around.

bigbean likes this.

10. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    There was a previous informative thread on leslie effect pedals, not that long ago, that had a lot of info; you may want to check that one out: Looking for a Leslie Rotary Pedal

11. Skip Reid

Skip Reid TDPRI Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Mississippi
    I ended up going with the Neo Mini Vent II. The Neo units sound better than any other rotating speaker emulators to me. I went with the smaller version because I just didn't want the bigger version to take up so much space. My DMM takes up too much room already.

20180503_164159.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    King Creole likes this.

12. bigbean

bigbean Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2013
    Hartville OH
    Me 2.

I even have the ridiculously overpriced foot switch. I'm sure the II model is cool too. It's the only thing that works like a real one at the slow speed. Most of the units offered do OK for the fast speed sound. Nobody else gets the slow speed grind correct. I also dig the speed spin up that accelerates the top rotor and the bottom at the slightly different speeds.

"Badge in a box"

mad dog, El Tele Lobo and 4pickupguy like this.

13. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I will eventually get a mini vent II. I say eventually because its not an effect I would more than a couple of times a night depending what songs we do. If you have ever been in a room with a real leslie cab, its the ultimate stereo effect, being produced from a mono source.
    Its the doppler thing that they do that is so wonderful.
    Any non-stereo ‘Leslie’ pedal is going to be at a huge disadvantage. Stereo offerings like the Neo Instruments Vents are going to stand a better chance of producing that doppler component IMHAOWO.
    The Vents to my ears also nail the tonal characteristics the best.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.