Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Hybrid Amplifier

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by 3-Chord-Genius, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    I really wanna try one of these...

2. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Tele-Afflicted

Oct 19, 2005
    Bowling Green, KY
    I had a MusicMan RD50-112 and a Fender SCXD. They were two of my three favorite amps.

3. DrPepper

DrPepper Tele-Meister

Nov 24, 2017
    Texas

4. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Nov 4, 2011
    Surprise, AZ
    +1- I have one- it is great.

Darkness likes this.

5. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Nov 4, 2011
    Surprise, AZ

Jakedog: I've seen some of your past posts, and if I remember correctly, you have no problem thinking outside the "tube amp box".
    Although a bit on the pricey side, I can attest to the quality of sounds coming from this little guy. Add to this the modular nature of the system and you can go from simple-as-pie setup to very in-depth switching, etc. More sounds and capability than I need most of the time. I just use Clean or Vintage channels, a few pedals on front, a few in the loop, and I get great sounds out of all my guitars.

Darkness likes this.

6. cyclopean

cyclopean Tele-Afflicted

Aug 14, 2009
    innsmouth, MA
    i really like the musicman hd-130 4x10 i'm using. it's very aggressive and it handles pedals and octave down (and two octave down) fuzz with the bass cranked with an eq pedal pretty well.

7. ecosse

ecosse Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2011
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I own an Artist 3203. It’s been my main rehearsal amp for a year or so. I clipped one of the caps on the clean channel when I got it. I don’t miss not have tubes in the preamp. It can cover a lot of those old classic Marshall tones. I’ve been running it through a Legend 4x12.

IMG_1342.JPG

8. JD0x0

JD0x0 Friend of Leo's

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    Carvin X100. It has enough opamps in the signal path to be considered a 'hybrid' IMO. Even though it has tubes in the Preamp AND power amp, it also has opamps in the preamp signal path, and therefore would be considered a Hybrid, IMO.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.