Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Best guitar tone you have ever heard?

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by WetBandit, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2014
    london
    That pedal show live - the first 2 songs were astonishing tonewise - then they had Joey Landreth up who really spoiled the whole thing for me

on recording
    Aldo Nova first album
    Derry Grehan in Honeymoon Suite
    Pete Lesperance in Harem Scarem

2. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    The ever tasteful Andy Timmons manages to produce a beautiful set of guitar tones even in a live setting. Andy never lets his virtuoso technique get in the way of the melody. It's all about touch and dynamic phrasing.

3. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Holic

Oct 24, 2012
    southern California
    I've always been struck by Mick Ronson's tone and playing on the studio version of Moonage Daydream on David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars.

I was at a friend's house listening to Ziggy Stardust on a 8 track machine.

Straydogger likes this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. davidge1

davidge1 Friend of Leo's

Nov 13, 2006
    USA
    I had to double check that I was on TELECASTER website *ahem*

Best tone? A tossup between Clarence White on Nashville West or Robbie Robertson on Royal Albert Hall.

6. John E

John E Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Connecticut
    Are you kidding? There is no way to pick one. I have hundreds of references in my head of tone I love.

-Andy Summers on Synchronicity (Murder by numbers comes to mind) And this is where my tone on electric guitar falls (or, more succinctly what I EQ for) typically except on heavier stuff
    -SRV on everything
    -Hendrix on anything
    -AC/DC Bonn Scott era (Both of the Youngs)
    -Pretenders James Honeyman-Scott
    -Brad Paisley on pretty much everything
    -Wally Palmar / Mike Skill (1980 specifically)

Umm, yeah and about 10,000 more lol. I could spend all day writing this post...

Straydogger likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.