Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Guitar Parts

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by lammie200, Aug 8, 2018.

1. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    Just a shout out to the people at Best Guitar Parts. I have purchased numerous necks from all of the major makers and these guys do the best work IMHO. All of my partscasters now have them. Really great work and no drama.

John Nicholas and nojazzhere like this.
  2. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    I thought from the title this was going to be a question, not a proclamation. Good to know.

3. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I've been looking at them for a while! Nice timing on the shout-out. They offer some custom options I haven't seen elsewhere, and prices look decent. How is the fretwork out of the box, in your experience?

4. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    I have set up three so far and none needed any fret work whatsoever. Very low action as well. I will be working on the fourth tonight and on. It is for my 12 string Jazzmaster. If appearances say anything I think that it will set up the same way. I won't name names, but I have had to do fret work on necks from at least two of the other major makers.

5. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yep . . . ever since the debacle at USACG, I have received a couple of dozen from Best.... absolutely superb..

rk

mabley123 and John Nicholas like this.
  6. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Good to know, good to know.

7. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    What a lotta you guys may not know.. is....

Many of the guys at Best were former employees at USACG... Including Dan, the guy you would be talking with should you need something unique done and call 'em..

the reason is, as shared by former employees, the new owner of USACG laid off the higher paid guys to drop "black numbers" to the bottom line. A despicable move I would think..

But the good news is, Best guitar parts has picked up those of us that relied on Tommy.. and is also as willing to accommodate many unique requests that other aftermarket suppliers simply will not even listen to..

rk

8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    As usual, thanks for your "insider's" insight, Ron. The only neck I've ever bought is my Warmoth conversion Tele neck, 24 3/4" scale, big and fat.....and I love it. But I'll definitely check Best Guitar Parts for fun.

asnarski likes this.
  9. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Northing wrong with Warmoth other than the typicak diversions from oem fender specs.... but all neck makers suffer the same cognitive stumble...

The only objection to Warmoth is their resistance to accommodating unique requests... that makes it difficult for those of us that try to accommodate those requesting such in their guitars..

I actually don't have any issue with USACG, other than 13 weeks?? C'mon on...

r

10. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Holic

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    I vote for the frets, they're my favorite guitar part, but I'm also fond of the bridge as it keeps the strings in their proper place and doesn't require much attention. He just shows up every day, does his job and keeps things sorted out.

so I guess, maybe my favorite guitar part is the bridge.

MarkJT likes this.
  11. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    Dan has been great to work with and he gave me the scoop on the employee shuffle with the other place. I told Dan that I would post about how well they do stuff at BGP, but that I wanted to wait until after I got my latest order. I have a feeling that they will get swamped and I was being selfish. If anyone wants a neck or body you should check them out.

12. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    Great information I've haven't built a guitar in awhile, but I'm gathering parts I'm at the time for a neck I usually make my own but after seeing a Roasted maple neck from Warmoth I have to have one (that's how this started) but I see Best Guitar Parts offer them I think that will be my choice.

13. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    After looking on their website, the only issue I MIGHT have with Best Guitar Parts is it appears all they offer on a Tele-style neck is truss-rod adjustment at the heel, not at headstock or, like Warmoth, at the SIDE of the heel. I HATE loosening the neck from body to adjust.

14. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    Another vote for BGP too. @Ronkirn directed me to them since I wanted something I thought was so crazy simple, but since none of the major people we think of (USACG, Warmoth) had it pre-programmed in their CNC they couldn't do it. BGP knocked it out in a week, sent it to their recommended finisher, and it basically needed no fretwork when I got it. I was very impressed.

mabley123 and nojazzhere like this.
  15. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Often misguided appearances can be elevated with a simple phone call....

I can tell ya, having a website is a necessary evil... things are always dynamic in any business.... things change and remembering to change a site, or get the webmaster to do so can be an all day job in itself...

I just put my new one up a year or so. Already, it really could/should be redone.. but, i have other things to do....:p

That's why about any site includes the "weasel" clause, "Prices and specifications subject to change without notice."

rk

mabley123 and John Nicholas like this.
  16. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    No, I think they offer head adjust necks. They actually have a ton of options as you click through the neck builder. I haven't used them...yet.

17. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 29, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for posting this. I had never heard of them until now and they are right in my backyard. That's the interwebs for you!

18. SacDAve

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    So I'm at the point I need to order a neck. In a previous I mentioned I usually make my own but wanting to go with roasted maple I'm going to order one. So my question how many have done a comparison of Best Guitar Parts neck to Warmoth necks? My last dealing with Warmth was not good that's when I decided to make my own necks.

19. SacDAve

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    One thing it might just be me, I'm finding the Best Guitar parts websight sight to place a custom neck order sucks.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  20. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    It's easier to just give them a call for sure

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.