Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best excuse for missing work at the last minute

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by telequacktastic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    The voices in my head told me to stay home and clean my guns today.

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    [​IMG]

3. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    I haven't called in sick in over a decade. I don't think I would know how if I had to.

4. Sherlock Tones

Sherlock Tones TDPRI Member

Apr 22, 2013
    New Zealand
    I work at a school. A bloke who used to work there rang in sick one weekday evening. The next day the school ski-team and accompanying teachers, who were up there all week for the school champs, ran into him on the mountain! HA!

5. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 18, 2004
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    Years ago in Tulsa

I worked for a major oil company and a guy called in sick one day. The next morning his picture was in the Tulsa World newspaper as the winner of a local Pro-Am golf tournament.

The following day he probably filed for unemployment.

Lost_N_Austin

6. Tele56

Tele56 Tele-Holic

Nov 18, 2005
    Phoenix AZ
    Several years ago a co-worker called in sick for his shift. Not a problem, right? Well the co-worker got a free pair of great baseball tickets and decided to enjoy the ball game. As luck would have it his seats were in the outfield bleachers and an extra-inning, game winning, walk-off home run was hit right in the area where his free seats were. Next day his picture was plastered over the front page of the sports section. IIRC, he got suspended for five days....pretty expensive free baseball tickets.

7. misterbluesman

misterbluesman Tele-Holic

Apr 19, 2012
    South Carolina
    I don't miss work. I was late once bc I helped someone on the side of the road. Manager was cool.

Now if its classes we're talking about...I'm a little ashamed of the things I've said to professors...

8. jkrischan

jkrischan Tele-Afflicted

Nov 26, 2011
    Buffalo NY
    I don't miss work either ;)

9. cactusrob

cactusrob Friend of Leo's

Aug 26, 2009
    Georgia
    I cannot reveal my sources or methods. :lol:

10. cactusrob

cactusrob Friend of Leo's

Aug 26, 2009
    Georgia
    There was a lady who used to work where I work who would call in on Mondays, only to stay home and post pictures of her and her girlfriends' Sunday night clubbing adventures on Myspace, complete with the date stamp included on the photos....several people in the office were her friends on myspace and could see it all. Not the brightest bulb in the package to say the least.

11. bblumentritt

bblumentritt Tele-Afflicted

Dec 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    1. I'm not exactly missing it, Bob...
    2. I answer to no man.
    3. I have about 29 days a year in PTO, personal time off, so it's not an issue. Actually it's seven Holidays plus 20 or whatever days of PTO.

12. Teletubbi

Teletubbi Tele-Holic

Oct 10, 2012
    West
    Really? Skip at last minute? Are jobs really that easy to find now?
    Millions still jobless and you think its a good idea to skip on short notice? OK

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.