Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Best Bar Songs for 21-35 Age Group

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by crawdad, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Post Toastie

Post Toastie Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 16, 2008
    California
    AS far as what college kids listen to. My daughter listens to Psycobilly type stuff like
    Hank 3
    Misfits
    The Horrorpops
    Nekromantics
    But i dont think that playing that for the 30 year olds and older will work.Somone 23 years old can still enjoy bands from the mid to late 90s.

2. Jerry J

Jerry J Tele-Afflicted

Mar 25, 2003
    NoVa
    Anything from a John Hughes movie?

3. MsicMan101

MsicMan101 NEW MEMBER!

Apr 9, 2012
    St. Louis
    I think that you should really just look up top selling albums on for 1998, 1999, 2000, etc. I'm 14 and when my band plays the song "Free Falling", every single person knows the chorus. Since all the older people will know the original by Tom Petty, while all the young kids will know it from John Mayer's rendition. A lot of Green Day works too like many have said already. One other big artist that every teenager will know is Bruno Mars. The guy's first album has gone 10x Platinum in 1 year! Look over the songs that were on Guitar Hero III. Sadly, most rock culture kids know is cause of the game line.

4. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

yo MsicMan....welcome aboard amigo....good advice ,Tom Petty crosses over to every demographic as does most "good " music ...

you might wanna look at the dates on threads you find in the golden library that is the TDPRI....this would be a Zombie and will probably get locked

5. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Here are some that went over well with 20-somethings and 30-somethings as well as everyone else when I played in a local cover band (about 4 years ago). Some are over-done, but they always got people drinking partying and dancing:

Blur 'Song 2'
    Ramones 'Sedated' and 'Blitzkrieg Bop'
    Pixies 'Possum Kingdom'
    Jet 'Be My Girl'
    Beastie Boys 'Girls'
    Sublime 'What I Got' 'Santeria' and 'Doin Time'
    Smiths 'How Soon Is Now'
    White Stripes '7 Nation Army'
    Franz Ferdinand 'Take Me Out'
    Cake's version of 'I Will Survive' and 'Short Skirt Long Jacket' and 'The Distance'
    Social D version of 'Ring Of Fire' (always our last song :D )

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.