Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Best amp for country rock??

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Noster, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noster

Noster TDPRI Member

..it has to cover tones from Big&Rich ro Brent Mason to Joe Bonamassa...

2. jjh37854

jjh37854 Tele-Afflicted

a deluxe reverb and a good set of pedals

3. Del Pickup

Del Pickup Poster Extraordinaire

Good answer and spot on the money. You need a medium sized amp that does a good clean tone and any other tones can come from the pedals.

It took me many years to work that one out!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. getbent

getbent Telefied

Those silverface vibroluxes would be pretty dang cool too... it is the only amp I don't have that i want expressly for that purpose.

6. Wally

Wally Telefied

Princeton Reverb on up to a Twin REverb....depending on the rest of the band...what kind of attitude they have. IF you have a loud drummer, you are oging to have to have more amp. You are oging to need the pedals no matter what.
    If you want an 'all in one amp', something like a Rivera Fandango with the floor pedal will get it done.

7. old_picker

old_picker Tele-Afflicted

vibrolux SF reverb is the definitive country rock amp
    either that or a SF twin reverb

8. jh45gun

jh45gun Banned

Not to be picky but I consider country rock the stuff I grew up listening to. Most of the Southern Rock stuff and Stuff like CCR ect. Big and Rich ?????calling them country rock gags me. Any one that brings some clown in a cowboy hat on stage singing rap is not Rock or Country in my opinon. Yea I have heard all the excuses to bring the kids into country ect which is BS as lots of younger folks still like pure country and country rock with out adding a bunch of crap to it and trying to pass it off as country.

9. Del Pickup

Del Pickup Poster Extraordinaire

And your point is????

The question was about the type of amp best suited to the style of music not whether it's something you or anyone else likes to listen to.

10. Flat357

Flat357 Banned

11. jh45gun

jh45gun Banned

My Point is I do not think that Big and Rich is true country expecially with their pet rapper nor do I think they are country rock. Since the poster labled them as such I felt like responding!

12. golfnut

golfnut Tele-Afflicted

It doesn't matter what you think as you are insignificant in the big scheme of things. Big and Rich are considered country by the industry.
    The country rock that you grew up on and loved would make my grandfather gag.

13. golfnut

golfnut Tele-Afflicted

To cover a wide range of new country effectively I'm finding the need for 2 amps. My DR Z stangray and I'm still looking for an amp that will do the super clean stuff.
    I did have a Fender Dual Pro on hold for me but since changed my mind and I'm still looking. I don't really have a big need for super clean tones but would like them available when I do use them. I'm still thinking about the Fender Dual Pro its just not on hold for me. I doubt it will go fast from the music store so I figure I have a bit of time to think about it.
    A someone else said a really clean amp with pedals to make it versatile is the way to go. I'm a little more particular than that though and I limit the # of pedals I use.

14. strat a various

strat a various Tele-Afflicted

jh45gun
    I'm with YOU, man. There's no point in seperating opinion and judgement regarding musical styles and artistic content from musical tones and the gear and skills needed to achieve those creative ends. They're all tied together.
    Anyone who is free to listen to rap, doom metal, sludge or whatever- is free to comment on the relative merit of the content of that music from a creative standpoint, including YOU. By the way, I agree with you regarding 'Big and Rich' ... also, I'm not applying to the "industry" for artistic definitions, all the record labels and promoters care about is profit.
    Many artists are fearful of offending the politically correct thought police, but not all. I'll never forget an interview with Greg Allman in a Rap documentary. His only comment about Rap: "Rap is crap". His words, not mine.
    There's nothing political or hateful about having tastes in music- this is all about music. Speak your mind, it has relevance here. Same thing as pointing out that, as an example, Huey Lewis isn't blues (though he's bluesy) and his guitarist's gear doesn't represent a blues player's tone pallette on average. Or Aerosmith, either. But those opinions aren't politically charged, or terribly current. Start challenging rap, hip-hop, or some recent Indie trend or other topical style, and suddenly you're out of line in having an opinion. Your opinion is justified by virtue of your being a musician speaking on the subject of music and the equipment required to play it with style and tone.

15. jh45gun

jh45gun Banned

Well as far as I am concerned the Industry is wrong I do not even listen to so called country radio stations anymore. Most of it is crap except for a few exceptions.

16. jh45gun

jh45gun Banned

I hope you helped him to the john. :mrgreen:

17. jh45gun

jh45gun Banned

Thanks Strat a Various. I would have to agree with Greg Allman.

18. golfnut

golfnut Tele-Afflicted

Well than I guess you subjected us to your clueless ramblings for the sake of watching your self type. Because you sure didn't help the OP. I'm not a Big and Rich fan either but what has that got to do with the OP's question? Start your own thread about how you don't consider Big and Rich Country. I'll assume that thought never occurred to you.
    The original question was, Best amp for country rock and he cited Big and Rich as an example. If any one is thought policing here its you.

19. getbent

getbent Telefied

speaking of thought policing! I think JJH and Wally gave you pretty good advice... the rest is all just posturing by several folks and needless... everyone go get some sunshine... this thread is locked down!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.