Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Belle Epoch Deluxe! Who took the plunge?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by vjf1968, Aug 21, 2017.

1. vjf1968

vjf1968 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    So I was lucky(?) enough to snag a new Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe a week ago and was running it through my Deluxe Reverb. I have to say that it is a marked improvement over the original, giving more control via an expression pedal and oscillating foot-switch.

I did have to tweak the gain via the internal trim pot because I noticed a slight drop in volume.

The frequency sweep mode is a cool edition but I found the Leslie effect uninspired. The two DMM modes are pretty lush.

At $329 it is pretty expensive but worth it

2. Rostlund98

Rostlund98 Tele-Meister

Jun 28, 2013
    USA
    I wanted it from the time it was announced until I found out the price. I'll stick with my Aqua Puss for now, and may grab a DM-2W soon. I'm still excited to hear how people like the BE Deluxe though.

3. sclitheroe

sclitheroe Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Oct 11, 2013
    Hamilton, Ontario
    I'm not the target market for this, my delay needs are too modest, but as a Catalinbread fan following their journey on this pedal via their website, Instagram feed, etc, it really seems like the Catanlinbread crew put their heart and soul into this one.

4. vjf1968

vjf1968 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Honestly if the original BE had an expression jack I would have kept it. But the added voltage (22v via a charge pump) does give it an added presence.

5. DavidP

DavidP Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Vancouver, BC
    Any others who have taken the plunge?? I have a BE but the Deluxe sure is appealing... Good, bad, ugly impressions welcomed!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.