Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Behringer VD 400 (Vintage Delay)

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by JayDee, Jul 19, 2009.

1. JayDee

JayDee Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2009
    Missouri
    Do any of you have any first hand experience with this one? Any pros and cons would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. tomorrowstars

tomorrowstars Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    I like mine. It's supposedly a clone of the analog Boss Delay.
    I opened it up and maxed out the internal trim put so the delay goes much longer, with some noise artifacts and severe sound degradation with each repeat. Of course, that's not for everyone, but I think it's pretty cool.
    The cases might as well be made out of paper mache. They feel solid at first, but then when you take off the metal base and realize that's most of the weight, that feeling goes away.
    You might want to consider the Behringer Vintage Time Machine, a blatant copy of the EHX Memory Man. Reviews are good except for the fact that it isn't true bypass.

3. BeardedRainbow

BeardedRainbow Tele-Meister

Mar 15, 2009
    Florida
    Not that pedal in particular but I own two Behringer pedals, a Tube Overdrive (very nice tube screamer copy) and a Slow Motion pedal. Both are very nice but they come in a cheap plastic casing.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. tomorrowstars

Aug 30, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
  6. BeardedRainbow

BeardedRainbow Tele-Meister

Mar 15, 2009
    Florida
    That Ultra Vibrato sounds nice, I may have to give one a try.

Overall these are great pedals for the price, they do what they are supposed to. I think if you can replace the cheapo casing with a sturdy metal box you would end up with a more reliable pedal.

7. JayDee

JayDee Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2009
    Missouri
    Thanks for the replies and the link to the video. I had actually watched it before. I can't tell from the demos I've seen whether it has much tone suck or noise though. Keep those pros & cons coming. I appreciate it.

8. tomorrowstars

Aug 30, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    In that video I had a Doobtone Buffer in the front of the line which minimized any tone sucking. It hasn't been a problem at all for me with that.

9. guit30

guit30 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 24, 2007
    Abington
    TS, what was the metal pedal that you were using at times? I was impressed by the Slow Motion, that is hard to find today, I have had 1 pedal by Behringer that I used for awhile, it was their 1st pedal , a boost pedal. I tried out a Reverb 100 that sounded awful, one that I tried was a compressor, it was a red CL9, (probably a clone of an Ibanez Limiter), you could get some really nice pinched notes out of it, like a dynacomp type pedal, but it had a crack or something so I sent it back. Have heard their Boss compressor copy is pretty good, but I don't need another compressor
    J

10. tomorrowstars

Aug 30, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    SRB808 on the Dumble OD setting. I keep thinking of selling that pedal but I've never been able to bring myself to do it.

11. surfco

surfco Tele-Afflicted

Mar 24, 2009
    BAJA
    It sounds fairly decent for its price.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.