Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bedroom player advice

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by rxtech, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Telepi

Telepi Tele-Afflicted

Apr 22, 2009
    Missouri
    I would splurge for a THR10 in your favorite flavor. The regular 10 is what I have and does all I need.

Head phones suck after a while. Just having to wear them. The THR10 plays well at low volumes and can sit right next to you on the couch. It's the perfect at home practice amp.

A little pricy. But worth it.

brogh and blowery like this.

2. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2011
    california
    monoprice, 15 watt tube amp 199.00. And if you can find a coupon you might save 15%. They also have a 5 watt that's cheaper

3. blowery

blowery Tele-Meister

Nov 10, 2015
    CO
    Another vote for THR10c. They sound pretty good and open box gets them under $200.

You can always run your POD into as well if you want the sounds/effects from it.

4. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    and another one for the THR10,

reading what you 're looking for in the post the THR seems to be a perfect match .., i've played some 15 20 minutes trough the .. "cream" one i liked it very nice, not what i was looking for, but a really good device.

Ibanez katana is getting very much love around, seems to be a nice alternative i didn't try it but i read a bunch of positive comments about it.

Cheers

5. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    THR10. I loves my THR10C.
    Or get a Mustang. Even a small, old one. Spend 1 day doing (or downloading) settings, and be okay for the rest of your life.

6. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Look at Blackstar ID or ID Core series amps

7. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin Staff Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Near TELE-Town (Wash. DC)
    Admin Post
    You could always get a real bedroom amp. CS

Bedroomamp.jpg

warrent and Vespa_One like this.

8. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    Thr10 or 10c or 10x give you both options. Amp only adj or pc deeper adjustments which I don't know enough about to adj. gotta get it hooked back up after a year on dials only... good luck.

9. chiefline

chiefline Tele-Holic

Mar 18, 2014
    new jersey
    That's so funny!!

Cliffyg62 likes this.

10. rxtech

rxtech Tele-Meister

Nov 8, 2004
    central california
    And very nice! Is that a Blues Jr.? Also, I think the THR10 sounds pretty good or even a Boss Katana head which is kind is similar but has the option of hooking up to a cab later on down the road.

11. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

+1 on the used Peavey Bandit.

Dead solid reliable, built like a tank (and heavy as one).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.