Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

"Becker" sitcom guitarist ??

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fwpilotfan52, Mar 27, 2007.

1. fwpilotfan52

fwpilotfan52 TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2006
    The Peach State
    Does anyone know played those tastey blues licks on the old sitcom Becker that starred Ted Danson?

Thanks!

2. DrewB

DrewB Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2005
    Independence, MO
    I think I read that it's Snuffy Walden.

3. hal

hal Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    Becker...

The guy that did all that acoustic work on TV shows? He did this electric work too? I would love to get some of that and steal some chops.

4. photoweborama

photoweborama Friend of Leo's

Dec 16, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I've been DVR'ing old episodes and I wondered that myself.

5. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Is he the same guitarist that does the guitar breaks on "This Old House" by any chance???

6. tiktok

tiktok Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 11, 2005
    Seattle
    Snuffy Walden? I remember a big stink from other studio cats regarding him taking a little too much credit for parts on "thirtysomething" back in the day. There was a big writeup on him in GP, and the next month angry letters showed up.

7. Jim W

Jim W Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Snuffy Walden also played on the Free LP Heartbreaker (my personel favorite Free album), since Kossoff was in no condition to do it.

8. Disastercaster

Disastercaster Tele-Holic

Dec 17, 2006
    Dublin, Ireland
    I love those licks.... Wheeeee whiddledydiddleywhew..

9. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

Jun 29, 2004
    I think I read somewhere that the guy who did the riffs on the "Home Improvement" sitcom was that kid who played Jason on The Waltons!

10. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 28, 2006
    NELA, Ca
    I "believe" that was Laurence Juber.

11. Johnny Caster

Johnny Caster Tele-Afflicted

Oct 19, 2005
    San Antonio, TX
    Forget his name, but it's actually that guy that plays guitar on Jay Leno's show.

12. sidneystreet

sidneystreet Tele-Afflicted

Jul 7, 2005
    Years ago, this topic came up on another forum. The eventual answer was that the guitarist was merely the son of one of the producers from the "Becker" show. He was not a big name guy at all.

13. PH Noleto

PH Noleto NEW MEMBER!

Feb 5, 2010
    Brazil
    Sorry for resuscitating such an old topic, but I've just come across it and I happen to know the answer. It's Jason Miller.
    You can check it here: http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2009/11/who-played-guitar-on-becker.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010

14. jlrich

jlrich Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2004
    Marion, NC
    I thought it was here that it was revealed that Brent Mason did the theme? Not sure, and not sure about the bumper music.

15. JPW2105

JPW2105 Tele-Holic

Jul 23, 2009
    'Sunny' Devon, UK
    I consider myself fairly 'up' on things Brent has been on and am fairly certain he wasn't on this. He did however write and record a demo track called 'Behind Dark Shades' that a snippet was used in virtually every episode of 'Friends', are you thinking of that...?

16. DastardlyDan

DastardlyDan Former Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Somerville, MA USA
    Becker was such a great show, now I got to go watch it all over again

17. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 31, 2008
    Wise River, Montana
    +1.

I'm not even sure if the kid was out of school at the time. I wonder if he kept at music?

I really miss Becker. He was such a rat!

Justin

18. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    I am fairly positive that it was indeed Brent Mason. I could have been under the influence of any number of things at the time, but I would bet my right leg that Julie (Brent's wife) has posted here that it was him on the Becker breaks. If I'm wrong, I'm gonna have a heckuva limp, but I don't think I'm wrong on this one. If she sees the thread and chimes in, we'll find out for sure.

19. GreeneFan

GreeneFan Tele-Meister

Oct 9, 2009
    SE Virginia

20. JohnK24

JohnK24 Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Western PA
    Another good search is needed for the guy who did all the instrumental guitar breaks on "Boston Legal"...that show had some seriously toneful, blues guitar music going on.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.