Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Beautiful Italian Paperweight!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by xafinity, Oct 3, 2017.

1. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    The reason our beer is warm is because of Lucas fridges. The damn things are the anti-fridge!, they warm stuff up.
    Lucas generators flatten batteries.
    Lucas headlights beam darkness ahead.
    Lucas horns absorb sound.
    Lucas rectifiers send AC to batteries.
    Lucas switchgear shunts current to ground.
    Lucas indicators don't.
    Lucas tail lights only work during the day.
    Lucas speedometers show the speed you'd like be doing.
    Lucas odometers save clocking high mileage vehicles.
    Lucas rev counters make up the speed as they go along.
    Lucas fuel injections systems save fuel by refusing to inject any.
    Lucas fuel pumps don't.
    Lucas electronic ignition systems self ignite.
    Lucas distributors distribute what little HT the Lucas coil can muster to the chassis ground at the merest hint of moisture.
    Lucas points are pointless.

The above are just some of the issues I've experienced with Lucas over the years. Magneti Marelli run a close second.

2. Mechanic

Mechanic Tele-Afflicted

Lukas Electric Lord of Darkness.

3. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    I kept my Ford with Lucas electrics parked pointing down a hill in winter so I could roll start .They really were crap Maseratis are creeping into our village .Ther are at least three .I see one parked in the drive of a small semi detached bungalow which would indicate that they are appealing to a down market bunch who have just inherited some money but not enough to buy a bigger house .Stick to Porsches.

4. CoyotesGator

CoyotesGator Tele-Meister

Jul 12, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    It does look pretty and they do sound fantastic all revved up but I've had cursed autos before.

Poor guy needs to park it in the driveway and not the garage before it burns his house down.

5. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Jan 23, 2007
    Denmark
    In the 70s and 80s , European Ford models were either built in Germany or Britain. Many people knew how to spot the minor differences , placement of relays , battery mounting etc.
    A British built Ford would be worth about 25/30% less on the used market....

6. Honest Charley

Honest Charley Tele-Holic

Dec 13, 2013
    Sweden
    Joseph Lucas real name was Giuseppe Lucchese.
    We all know that.

switched.jpg

richiek65 and dkmw like this.

7. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

I have had Italian cars, a motorcycle and a wife.. they have all given me trouble but I've still got the wife..

Honest Charley likes this.

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

In early 1985 I thought I had money to burn, and the Maserati dealer down Jefferson Highway had a never titled '84 Biturbo. Gorgeous leather, gorgeous bodywork, gorgeous paint.

But the engine didn't run precisely like I felt it should, and the gearbox would not deliver clean shifts. The car had maybe 200 miles on it and they were flat giving it away. I test drove it three times over 6 weeks, but could not do the deed. Lucky Boy!!

Got a new '86 Saab 9000 turbo eventually - "Inga" is still one of my most favorite cars; I lost her in Katrina.

9. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Yep, that's the typical Italian car ownership experience right there. Sadly, it's becoming increasingly common as a German car ownership experience as well.
    I'll keep my Toyota...

10. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Tele-Afflicted

All Italian vehicles, Maserati and Ferrari included, are first cousins to Fiats.
    Need I say more?
    We used to call them Firats.

11. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    I've got an 05 Sienna with 368k! :D

drf64 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.