Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Beatle Stories

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Larry F, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Just saw a movie on Netflix called Beatles Stories. It was a documentary put together by a guy who noticed that in his career as a songwriter, he would often run across people who had a very specific encounter with a Beatle. He tracked these people down and had them tell their story on camera. It was great, just small, insignificant but telling, little tales of how one of the Beatles acted in everyday life.

2. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

That's Seth Swirsky's movie, quite a nice guy. I have obsessively watched every Beatles related film ever and i still found a few fresh moments in that.

Happy birthday to Nasty from the Rutles, by the way.

3. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

I'm watching it right now on netflix, some great interviews/anecdotes so far.

The film title reminded me of this :):

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. twiggymac

twiggymac Tele-Holic

am i the only one who didn't have a beatle moment? i mean, i did have a boston moment.....and boston was heavily influenced by the beatles.....close enough?

6. Jonny_Quest

Jonny_Quest Tele-Afflicted

7. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

thanks for the link. just watched the whole thing. brilliant. loved every minute of it.

8. oldteleguy

oldteleguy Tele-Afflicted

I have a pretty good story-an encounter that didn't happen.I had finished my sophomore yr.
    in college and was home for the summer(1965).I get a call from WPOP,the biggest Rock
    station in Ct. sometime inlate July.Thhey ran a Beatle look-alike contest,and had received
    hundreds of letters about me-I was said to be a twin of George.They wanted me,and three
    others to accompany them on their Sept.'65 tour(San Francisco to Shea Stadium).Six weeks
    living with them-all living expenses paid,$125 a week,and all clothing could be kept when
    the tour concluded-didn't go,to my everlasting disgust and sorrow!!!

9. Telenut62

Telenut62 Poster Extraordinaire

My wife was in advertising and ended up on a Sydney harbour cruise with the Beatles management, Epstein etc. He invited her to "meet the boys" later at the Kings Cross hotel. She took her sister along and they were in the room where they were giving interviews and hanging out. Of course outside was pandemonium with fans, and for a bit of fun she waved her hand out the window to make them go nuts...it's in the news footage of the day. She got John Lennon to sign his book of poems...To Romy from John with Best Fishes

10. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for posting the link. It was very enjoyable.

11. brewwagon

brewwagon Poster Extraordinaire

oh oh

[​IMG]

British rock superstar Paul McCartney's recent performance at BC Place in Vancouver left more of a scorching impression than intended, after fireworks in the finale of his 1970s hit Live and Let Die left burn marks on the building's expensive new lid.

Concert video posted on YouTube shows how during the Nov. 25 concert, several fireworks bounced off the inside of the recently completed $458-million partly retractable roof.

A BC Place spokesperson said the fireworks actually hit an acoustic fiberglass liner that hangs about one to four metres below the retractable roof, leaving scorch marks on at least two panels.

[​IMG]

..... sir paul and his band were reported to be on the run

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  12. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity

I was thinking about something similar the other day....

I know I have walked the same spot as George twice..... once on the Abbey Road Xing... and secondly at the front entrance way to a holiday house he built on Hamilton Island in north Queensland...

he wasn't at those places when I was there though.... it was cool to knock on the door of the empty house.. just in case he might be...;)

13. JDC

JDC Tele-Holic

Thanks for that link. That was time enjoyably spent !

14. 56strat

56strat Tele-Meister

Thanks for the link. That was fantastic!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.