Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

BE-OD Replacement On Board?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by SaintSilas, Oct 2, 2017.

1. SaintSilas

SaintSilas Tele-Meister

I just dont think the BE-OD is what my Princeton likes. I am looking to replace it with a mid to higher gain od. A Marshall in a box that will mesh better with my 68 Custom Princeton Reverb. Any ideas? The BE-OD is a bit 80's metal for lack of a better description. Plexi Tone? Angry Charlie? Wampler? Keeley? I do want to get into hard rock territory some. Thanks

2. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Holic

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe.

Danjabellza likes this.

3. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    It's not quite Marshall in a box, but the looking glass od from DOD/shoe is a phenomenal little amp in a box pedal. Has low/high gain modes, really cool eq options pre/post gain, and sounds fantastic! Very touch sensitive and organic sounding. mine has booted a wampler pinnacle and a sovereign, several tube screamer variants, an OCD, a Carl Martin plexi-tone, and more off of my pedal board. It's just too dang good. (In all honesty, if I could, I would totally get another pinnacle deluxe, but it would be in addition to and not a replacement of the looking glass.)

mitchfinck likes this.

4. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Meister

Feb 1, 2016
    Jefferson City, MO
    I was just watching this and thought it was a good comparison of the BE-OD and the Angry Charlie.

Also, be prepared to have "Rat!" Shouted at you over and over again.

5. the tool

the tool Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden

6. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2014
    ICT

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.