Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

BBE band mates.......

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by studio1087, Jun 22, 2013.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Two Timer delay
    Orange Squash comp
    Bench Press comp
    Tremor trem
    Green Screamer white
    Green Screamer jet
    HWY-64 distortion
    Boosta Grande clean boost
  2. blind illusion

blind illusion Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2013
    I currently own a bbe windowpane fuzz. Fantastic pedal!
  3. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    BBE OptoStomp very underrated compressor. Through it in an effects loop and get great transparent squash.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I've got a Bench Press and a Green Screamer Jet. Love 'em! At my last gig I used the GS exclusively on a board that also has a Direct Drive and a ZenDrive. I'm still in learning curve mode with the Bench Press, but so far I'm happy with it. Getting it used for $49.95 in the box with power adapter makes me even happier. I got the GS for a special sale price. I'm pretty sure it was under $75.00, so a lot of bang for the buck.

I had the Windowpane Fuzz, but we didn't bond. Rolling off the guitar's volume made it cut off too abruptly for me. I like a smoother roll off. YMMV.

There's a couple of other BBE pedals I'd like to try. I've heard good things about the Wah and the Two Timer.
  6. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    3 OctoComps great for outboard gear too
  7. RunPickle

RunPickle TDPRI Member

Apr 28, 2014
    There should be more people here! I have a Boosta Grande(from when it still had the bull on the front) and I absolutely adore that thing!
  8. e44crowe

e44crowe Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2010
    Green Screamer with the print graphics. Great pedal.
  9. Modern Saint

Modern Saint Tele-Meister

Feb 2, 2011
    So Cal
    Just picked up a BBE Soul Vibe and dig it. May get a Mind Bender as well.
  10. alexhall

alexhall TDPRI Member

Sep 7, 2014
    North Georgia
  11. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    BBE Boosta Grande, old blue box. Love this boost, esp for strat.

Had a BBE Tremor (new style) but it had faulty switches, switched itself between speeds. :(
  12. doctor_capleson

doctor_capleson Tele-Meister

Feb 4, 2014
    Opticomp and Windowpane use here!

Love the Opticomp; it smoothes out the sound ever so subtly, and makes the overall volume of the playing seem a little louder overall. Windowpane is cool, but it gets really finnnicky about where in the chain it's placed. I just power it with a battery and stick it in front of the entire pedalboard when I do use it.
  13. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    I have a Tremor and a Bench Press (is that called the Opto Comp now?) and love them both. The Tremor is especially fantastic for using live, thanks to its two presettable tremolo speeds and ability to switch between each.
  14. Clipper

Clipper TDPRI Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Green Screamer,
    Hwy 64 Distortion,
    Just picked up a Sonic Stomp.

A Soul Vibe is def on my pedal board bucket list.
  15. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm a big fan of the Tremor. It's a great no-nonsense tremolo... no wait... It's TWO no-nonsense tremolos...
  16. dlrgits

dlrgits TDPRI Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Shanghai, China
  17. StormJH1

StormJH1 Tele-Holic

I'm new to the BBE club. I actually picked a BBE 427 Distortion for $49.99:

I like it quite a bit. I've heard people say it's like a "DS-1 with better tone control". That's probably a little unfair, but I understand the basic sentiment, and it's worth pointing out that this is a better pedal for the same price as a DS-1! It's LED clipping, and kind of reminds me of the Donner Morpher, which I also like. If you want a nice thick distortion with a treble roll-off for brighter amps, this is a nice budget contender.

I've looked at several other BBE pedals to see what else I like from the line, but while many of them look like good values, there isn't anything else I particularly need. The OptiComp looked interesting. Windowpane Silicon Fuzz is a good value, but I'm not a huge fan of that style of fuzz pedal (I like the thicker Big Muff variety).

427 is solid, though!
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.