Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Barncaster's 2012 Challenge Build Thread -- COMPLETED

Discussion in '2012 TDPRI Tele Build Challenge' started by Barncaster, Mar 14, 2012.

1. telemaster1953

telemaster1953 Tele-Holic

Sep 3, 2011
    texas
    great build Rob that is one cool guitar.

2. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks Zane! Hope to see you in the build challenge next year!

Rob

3. flatfive

flatfive Friend of Leo's

Apr 23, 2009
    Monterey, CA
    Wow, Barncaster, what an amazing build thread and end
    result. Every time you ran into an obstacle you turned
    the guitar into something cooler and better. Aren't
    you glad you faced those bumps in the road.

That ebony top is especially gorgeous.

Nice work!!

4. Barncaster

Thanks Flatty!,

It was a great learning experience. I think I'm a little greyer as a result but it was fun and I met a big group of great people.

Rob

5. volowv

volowv Tele-Meister

Sep 29, 2010
    maine
    man, i'm trying to catch up and go through every thread... this thing is really cool.

definately don't give up on that pickguard. i had the same idea as R. Stratenstein, acetone the tort to a piece of white, then bind it with black. or maybe just a piece of clear plexi would be enough to get it off the ebony... maybe put spacers under it like i did with my pickguard.

6. Barncaster

Thanks V,

Yes, I have not given up on it. Am just a little burned out right now and will get to it soon. Second on the list is to get a more functional tail piece made. And third on the list is to optimize the electronics. The cocked wah position for some reason loses volume when engaged. Maybe we should start a "Where are they Now" thread in 6 months. By the way, love your guitar. I play plectrum banjo myself so I get the 4 stringed thing. It's way cool.

Rob

7. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 23, 2010
    East Tennessee

I hope you have built many more my friend :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.