Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Barncaster

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by R. Stratenstein, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks all! It is really appreciated. I drove back up to the house today against my wife's wishes. It's odd that currently at my house, everything looks normal except for the smoke and no electricity but go 4 blocks and it's hell. Looks like a nuclear blast.

The fire is raging just north of us in Calistoga tonight and they were forcibly evacuated. With the wind blowing out of the north, it's headed right for our development.

I college-packed the guitar with my favorite guitars and amp, critical documents, more pictures, paintings and my winder and stuff. Forgot the wire!!!! Ug.....

It's an interesting exercise to walk into your shop and tell yourself, pick 10 things to take and you have 5 minutes to choose. All else must stay and possibly parish in fire. Not fun. There's a life's worth of tools in there. Just kills me. I hope they make it as well as the guitars I couldn't fit.

Anyway, we are all back together and safe in San Francisco. We'll see what the morning brings. If the house is still intact, I'm going to make another run tomorrow.
    Rob

2. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Didn't know about this til now, sorry your going through this. Glad you got some things, prayers for you and your family.

Barncaster likes this.

3. dazzaman

dazzaman Tele-Afflicted

Aug 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Thinking of you Rob. Most important thing is you and yours are safe, but I really hope all your possessions will be safe as well.

Barncaster likes this.

4. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

Nov 13, 2011
    Colorado
    It's been a few months since I logged in, but I'm bummed to see this! Take care and stay safe, Rob!

Barncaster likes this.

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I'm glad you got another chance to get in there! Here's hoping your luck continues to hold.

6. Barncaster

Got a text report that the house is still standing. Had the first looting two blocks away two days ago. One of my neighbors was on his front porch, pistol in hand. We have patrols going. People are cold calling house land lines I think in an effort to determine if anyone is there . The vultures are circling. The Tubbs fire is now 10% contained. Ash is falling like snow.

DrASATele likes this.

7. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    Wow, I hate to hear of anyone having to go through this type of ordeal.
    All I can do is hope the best for you and your family!!!

And I hope the looters will be held at bay!

Barncaster likes this.

8. If you do try to head back to the house, call your insurance agent first to confirm any things that may help in a worst case. Our policy for example didn't cover all of my wife's jewellery, need a rider for her engagement ring.
    Find out if taking pictures of the large expensive tools is enough or if you should have serial numbers etc. off of them. Just in case. And of course keep constant track of where that fire is. Folks in Gatlinburg literally had only minutes once the wind shifted. Stay safe, stuff can be replaced

9. Jdelys

Jdelys Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Missoula, Montana
    So sorry to hear about this. It's hard enough being consumed with worry over your house but having to deal with looters as well is just insult to injury.

Barncaster likes this.

10. Captain Nutslot

Captain Nutslot Friend of Leo's

May 3, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Damn Rob! Prayers bro.... Stay safe!

Barncaster likes this.

11. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Don't get me started on looters, I would quickly be in forum-prohibited territory. I consider them vermin, to be dealt with accordingly. Glad you got a neighbor with the same outlook on things as me. In any case, prayers and thoughts continue for you and the area. Radio said the winds weren't as bad today as was feared, hope that's a positive thing for your home.

12. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2009
    south carolina

13. Barncaster

We are finally getting air support!

Good news in that our house survived and the power is back on. Heading back north today with a load of food donations and to volunteer.

bullfrogblues, nosmo, Bob.M and 18 others like this.

14. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    Great news, Rob! So glad to hear.

Barncaster likes this.

15. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    "It's an interesting exercise to walk into your shop and tell yourself, pick 10 things to take and you have 5 minutes to choose. All else must stay and possibly parish in fire."

This is a life lesson exercise for us all and an introspective opportunity to do just that. Very thought provoking, Rob.

It is so great to hear that it looks as if all the prayers for the safety of your home have been answered!

Rex

Barncaster likes this.

16. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    Awesome news Rob! Still reach out if you need something.

Barncaster and RogerC like this.

17. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS

18. oldrebel

oldrebel Friend of Leo's

Oct 23, 2011
    Lynchburg Tennessee
    That is just fantastic!!!

Barncaster likes this.

19. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Holic

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    I'm glad they sent the fast movers in for you, and that things seem to be turning in your favor

Barncaster likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.