Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Barncaster

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by R. Stratenstein, Oct 11, 2017 at 12:50 AM.

1. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    I hope everyone here will spare a good thought and a prayer for our friend Rob (Barncaster). As you may have noticed in the news, Northern California is being ravaged by wildfires, many areas of Santa Rosa where Rob lives, are pretty well gone. Several wineries have been destroyed, and I think the death count is around 7 so far, and the fires continue.

I contacted Rob today, they've had to evacuate their home (Rob said there wasn't even room for one guitar in their overloaded car), and are living with relatives in San Francisco. He said last he heard, his house was still standing, but that status was subject to change. He's going to check on it tomorrow, air quality is so bad he's going to have to get a respirator.

2. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I saw a report on the Santa Rosa area today... It looks grim...

I hope by some miracle, Barncaster's place is spared from the worst of it all...

thinking about you, mate...stay strong ..:)

Barncaster likes this.

3. richa

richa Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Washington
    Thanks for providing this update. My prayers are with him and his community.

Barncaster likes this.

4. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Rob, my wife and I are praying for the safety of your home. I just replied to you on my Iraqicaster thread thanking you for the referral to the Mojotone pickup rings. And then I saw this thread posted by Rick.
    I'm just so humbled and amazed that you found it in your heart to deal with my insignificant question in the midst of all this challenge to you and your family. What an amazing gentleman you are, Sir.

Sincerely,
    Rex

Barncaster likes this.

5. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Afflicted

Feb 17, 2009
    London, UK
    My thoughts are with you and your family, stay safe Mr Barncaster

Barncaster likes this.

6. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks for the kind thoughts all, it is sincerely appreciated. Being here on the forum is a welcomed distraction. Incinerated homes and buildings now number over 2000. 11 confirmed dead, 150+ missing.

When the local Kmart went up they measured 1400 degrees in the parking lot. Cars close enough had their fuel tanks ignite. Some flipped over from the explosive force. Propane tanks can be heard exploding like bombs every few minutes. The world went from blue sky and sun to lead grey sky and finely controlled chaos in hours. All started by dry conditions and a freak 60mph windstorm that toppled many things including power lines providing the sparks which ignited things.

The high winds are supposed to return later this week. Hopefully the fires can be brought to controllable levels by then. So far the house is intact but there is one fire front to the left and one to the right of us, both heading north propelled by winds. Any change and the house could be toast. The fates will decide.

Lesson to all: put together a list of your essentials and their locations. If you need to move fast, a little preparation can save your bacon. Luckily I had a few hours to get it together but not a big enough vehicle to take everything I wanted.

One friend and his new bride woke to find their ranch buildings were on fire and sprinted into the stable to free the horses. They lost everything except their lives.

Thirty families and counting at my son's school lost their homes. The school our exchange student goes to was half destroyed. His parents in Spain are taking it well but they must be wrecks. They are exceptional people.

Take nothing for granted.
    Rob

MM73, src9000, jannodude and 8 others like this.

7. Newbcaster

Newbcaster Tele-Meister

May 10, 2015
    Gilbert
    i hope you save everything you can, but dont lose your life in the process. but if you can, by all means save the guitars amps and photos and whatever else means anything to you. its heartbreaking to lose that kind of stuff. I dont even want to mention dogs and other animals that have already lost it and gone upstairs(I do rescue for animals).... what a horrible tragedy.

Be safe!

Barncaster likes this.

8. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Holic

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales
    I've been watching the reports on this (and the hurricanes) with horror. Stay safe... living things first!

Barncaster likes this.

9. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Oh man, Rob! Best wishes for some good luck!

Barncaster likes this.

10. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Mother Nature is really going to town this year. Best wishes for the most positive outcome Rob.

Barncaster likes this.

11. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    I didn't realize those fires were near you Rob . Prayers for you and family and for all affected by the fires . Glad you and family got out of there safe !

Barncaster likes this.

12. oldrebel

oldrebel Friend of Leo's

Oct 23, 2011
    Lynchburg Tennessee
    Oh I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you all. I sure hope that everything works out for the best for you. Keep safe!!

Barncaster likes this.

13. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Very sorry to hear this. I haven’t watched much news lately and didn’t realize it was so bad. Glad you are ok!

Barncaster likes this.

14. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana

15. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Was thinking of you yesterday Rob when I saw the news. Thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope things turn out okay.

Barncaster likes this.

16. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Holic

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    I had no idea. Rob has always been good to this forum, and I hope he's well, and gets through this ok.

Barncaster likes this.

17. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Holic

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    Dude, you stay safe. It's weird to say this, considering I've never met you, but I'd put a good number of this forum in my list of friends, that includes you for sure.

troy2003 and Barncaster like this.

18. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

19. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Good luck...and try to be safe. Hopefully the weather will start to cooperate a little more.

Like you said, take nothing for granted.

Barncaster likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.