Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bagpipes

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Recce, May 14, 2018.

1. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

Bagpipes were used to frighten the armies they were attacking. Then re-appropriated for entertainment.

Along with the other instruments mentioned in the thread, we should include a bit of Hurdy Gurdy!

(Black Sails is a good series if you get a chance to watch)

2. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    That would be a special kind of hell. :lol:

3. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2015
    Upper Midwest
    Bagpipes are like cilantro. People seem to love em or hate em. I like a lot of the various bagpipes - highland, smallpipes, uilleann,.... As well as different flavors of accordion. I play 5-string banjo.

Our oldest daughter played the highland pipes in a pipe and drum band from age 11 until she went off college. I think my favorite moment at any given parade was watching the folks lined up along the curb react as the band came round the corner and launched into, e.g., The 79th's Farewell to Gibraltar. As you panned along the group of faces some folks would be joyful, all smiles while others would react in horror even physically recoiling from the sound. Playing the pipes was a great experience for our shy, asthmatic kid; built a lot of confidence, gave her a way to connect with her Scottish heritage.

Recce likes this.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.