Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bad Vibes Houses Or Buildings?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGyrl, Oct 20, 2017.

1. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Ghosts... I believe in them. Having lived in a few houses that were haunted... I sometimes find that when entering certain old houses or buildings, I get weird vibes sometimes.

Now I know that Ghosts are like Aliens and Big Foot to most people. But I have had more than my fair share of strange encounters with ghosts, or spirits. Honestly, I am a VERY skeptical person. I don't understand psychics or fortune tellers. I have never been abducted by a UFO. Yet, ghosts and haunted places seem to be something that I can feel.

Today I had to visit a friends moms house. Never been there before. Way out in the country. When I was driving up to the house (down a looong country driveway), I started to get that "Feeling". Pulled up to the old country house and my eyes were drawn to an upper window on the far left corner of the house. Just stood there for a few minutes. Had the feeling someone was looking out the window. My friend came out. She asked what I was doing. I told her what I was feeling. Then I had to ask: "Did someone die in this house"? She kind of looked at me funny. Then she told me yes. Her Grandmother had passed away in the house. That was enough for me. I couldn't get the courage to go into the house. It just didn't feel right to me. Bad JuJu. I didn't ask anymore questions. We left for dinner. When I drove her home. I got the same vibe in front of the house again. She asked me if I wanted to come in for awhile. NOPE.

Has anybody else ever had a similar event?
    Ever been in a place that just made your "Spidey Sense" tingle?
    Any Ghost Stories?
    FG

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    drlucky, tery, LongLiveRock54 and 8 others like this.

2. FenderGyrl

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    When I owned an old house south of Chicago, I used to hire handy men to work on it. The basement in this house was really spooky. I never went down there at night time unless necessary. And even then, I only went into the front wash room. The rest of the basement seemed to "push back" at you. I would come home to find that a Handy Man I had hired to work in the basement was sitting on the back porch. I had a few tell me that that they wouldn't work down there anymore because "someone was watching them". o_O

Friends that spend the night used to tell me that they seen a small floating orb light in the hallway. I used to wake up and see it all the time. It looked like a candle glows when its in a steam filled room. The orb was spotted in the basement a few times too. My dogs wouldn't go into the hallway at night time. They used jump up and stare...softly growl. It was a trip. I had one friend that would never come into my house! :eek:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    drlucky, tery, LongLiveRock54 and 5 others like this.

3. aerhed

aerhed Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2016
    Boulder, WY
    The orb. Certain places too.

FenderGyrl likes this.

4. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    I've had the opposite feelings.

Houses and places in the countryside that just felt unusually *good* for some reason, as if something were singing in a dimension you couldn't see or hear but could tell was happening just out of sight. Pine trees, hills, sunlight, bends in the river. Never touristy places, never run-down places. There's this one place I pass every day on the morning walk with the dog. It's the only place where the sun will warm the wildflowers enough to make the moisture rise up off them so you can see it. Birds love that place. The air feels like water.

Some places have bad juju, some are just vacant of everything and neutral. And some feel really, really good.

5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    So hospitals and ambulances and nursing homes must be thick with ghosts.

6. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    When my last old cat died I swear she came back to haunt us. Used to see her out of the corner of your eye until we tore the house down. We put a new house in next door and she has never showed up.

:rolleyes:

7. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    Yep, and I enjoy reading about all of 'em.

Subscribed.

Gabrielle84 likes this.

8. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well the South side of Chicago
    Is the baddest part of town
    And if you go down there
    You better just beware
    Of a man named Leroy Brown

could be the ghost of leroy brown, FG...:rolleyes::twisted:

9. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Tele-Afflicted

Feb 19, 2015
    TooFarFromCanada
    Way yeps! Both to bad-vibe haunted places and good-vibe haunted places. Several times. I'd relay a story here about a ghost seen by me, my housemate at the time, and one of my daughters saw--independent of each other, and with none of us at the time knowing about anyone else's sighting of the same ghost, doing the same things, in the same parts of the house. Several militantly empirical scientist friends of mine pronounced the same house "Freakin' haunted" within minutes of entering it. Found out that the house was where a murder took place a hundred years before.

But I probably already sound like I'm smoking Elvis sideburns, and I'm beat after a long week, one kid is sick in bed so it's a glass of wine instead of a night of guitar, and I have to ensure that the Yankees lose to the Astros. So the tale will be told another time, kids. In the meantime, pay no attention to that floating face in the hall......or what. happened. in. this. very. SPOT!

Jonzilla and FenderGyrl like this.

10. John E

John E Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Connecticut
    Yeah I hear ya. I don't know if haunted would be the word I would use... but some places definitely give off some bad vibes (well, and some give off really good vibes). My first house in Redding CT was built in 1900... and I have never felt so comfortable in a house before or since. When I moved to Newtown, we looked at a very old house when we were buying... I couldn't get out of that house fast enough... There was definitely some bad juju in that bad boy... lol

FenderGyrl likes this.

11. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    I feel bad juju anywhere my wife's cousin happens to be. That woman would scare Satan himself.

tonytrout, ToneGrail, MickM and 5 others like this.

12. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Tele-Afflicted

Feb 19, 2015
    TooFarFromCanada
    Yankee fans can be trials....

Jimmy Owen and P Thought like this.

13. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    So, Gramma was like evil or something?

TimothyC likes this.

14. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    Nope, just a hateful, selfish woman

15. Rythameen

Rythameen Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2017
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    My Grandmother and Grandfather had a 320 acre ranch outside of Centralia, Wa. They lived there with my Grandfather's father, who was very sick and couldn't get out of bed on his own. Now my Great Grandfather was a no nonesense kind of guy, was a carpenter his whole life, believed in hard work and nothing else, thought art, music and similar pastimes were frivolous and wasteful. Probably because his father ( my great great grandfather, stay with me here) always wanted to be an artist which caused his family some financial hardship. Now, my Grandfather was finishing up building a new house on the side of a hil overlooking his ranch. The living room had been sheet rocked but not painted. We were visiting on vacation and went out to dinner wih my grandparents. When we got back my grandmother checked in on my great grandfather who told her he had been cherry picking with his father (long dead). She just chalked it up to dementia but went into the living room to check the door "just in case". She discovered a perfect pencil drawing of my great grandfather on the wall next to a large window. Yes the window could have acted as a mirror, but my great grandfather was never known to draw a thing in his life, but rember his father could draw fairly well. Freaked my grandmother so bad she had my grandfather paint it over the next morning. Now I've never met ET or Bigfoot, but I feel something strange was going on there. I have another strange happening, but I'll save that until I don't have to type on an iPad.

tery and FenderGyrl like this.

16. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Girl, I think there are people that operate on a different frequency than most and they have these experiences. I'm one of those people that is just plain ghost proof. Nothing supernatural has ever crossed my path either in physical form or spiritual form.

I'm a dud...:D

ToneGrail, puddin, Teleterr and 3 others like this.

17. FenderGyrl

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I don't know what Grandmas story was... didn't ask. My friend who refused to come into my house told me that spirits would attach themselves to her, and end up in her house. Pretty Wild notion huh?

But still, she refused to ever come thru my front door. I was thinking about her when I didn't want to go into that old farm house!

She (the gal who wouldn't enter my house) sent a friend of hers to my house. This person was like a Ghost Detective. This Ghost Detective (A Gal) proceeded to my basement, and described the man who had built my house while living in the basement. She pointed out where his bed was...the far corner of the basement I never felt comfortable in. She told me some very disturbing stuff. Pointed out areas of the floor that didn't feel right. She said the Orb was a Child Spirit, and the Old Man stayed in the basement. He didn't like that people changed his house around. It was very weird having someone tell you stuff that she shouldn't have known. I did find out who the Old Man was from some older neighbors. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    richiek65 likes this.

18. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    In our first house my wife swore she saw her deceased father holding our , also deceased, nephew at the end of the hall.
    They had both died of cancer within a short time of each other. I have no reason to doubt her word.
    Also, when he passed, at the very moment he did, I awoke suddenly and "felt" him asking me to look after the children.

He didn't even know my wife was pregnant, ad we did have two boys as a couple. I said " okay" and said a prayer, he was a devout Catholic, and felt him slip away. I went back to a peaceful sleep.
    Woke up at 6:00 a.m. and got a call whereupon a sister-in-law stated he had passed and the time; which I knew was 4:15 a.m. when I had that awakening. I do not know what to make of these occurrences and won't cast judgement on anybody but these events happened as sure as I live, breath and am typing this.

tonytrout and FenderGyrl like this.

19. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin
    No, but I had an unlucky shirt once, every time I wore it, something bad happened....

I burned that shirt about 12 years ago, and I'm still here, so I'm sure that means something.... ;)

FenderGyrl likes this.

20. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    It isn't like that old man kicks-in and helps-out around the house.
    Does he pay Rent, utilities, Property taxes, rake the leaves?
    Time to kick him out.
    Let him find a new Haunt.

FenderGyrl likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.