Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bad address in email notices?

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by younkint, Feb 23, 2018.

1. younkint

younkint Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Oct 14, 2007
    Spring, Texas
    Just lately I've started having "Server not found" messages when I follow a link to a thread which is contained in email to my personal email account (not internal TDPRI messages). Here's an example of a link address copied from the blue "View This Thread" button in an email:

http://wwwtdpri.com/threads/roland-blues-cube-fan-club.102458/unread

Notice the missing period (dot) between "www" and "tdpri" in that address. This on a Mac running OS 10.13.3. Is this an Apple Mail problem, or is the email wrong?

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Yep, that's a bad link. Where did you get it?

Oh, wait it's in your title. It's not a generalized problem that others are seeing or reporting. Are you seeing it all the time. Once? or sometimes?

OK, read your post again and see "contained in email to my personal email account (not internal TDPRI messages)" I don't know what you are talking about. Are you saying when you get a new post email from our website the link is bad?

3. younkint

Oct 14, 2007
    Spring, Texas

The links are from email sent to my personal email account. These emails advise me of new posts made to threads which I'm following. I've been seeing this for probably a few weeks. It's possible that Apple Mail is doing something wonky, which is why I mentioned what I'm using ... especially if no one else is having this issue.

4. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    I had that happen once this past week, but don't recall what thread it was in. It wasn't just you.

5. TDPRI

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I see hundreds of these a day - never seen this.

Forward one such email to webmaster@tdpri.com and I'll take a look.

6. younkint

Oct 14, 2007
    Spring, Texas
    Done. The email will be re the "Roland Blues Cube Fan Club."

7. TDPRI

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I see it’s the same thread you initially mentioned. Have you seen this with any other thread?

I came here to make this reply from such an email. So it’s certainly not every emailed link.

Just trying to narrow it down.

I’ll reply to the thread so you will receive another reply notification let us know how that one works.

8. younkint

Oct 14, 2007
    Spring, Texas
    First, it's not in every one. One can also open the thread by clicking the title of the thread (in the emails). Occasionally that is wrong, but not as often as the "blue button." It's just that lately I was getting a bunch of them.

Second, I got here by clicking the "View The Thread" blue button in the email notifying me of a reply to this thread, so that worked.

For what it's worth, I've seen this type of error in other notification-type emails from various other forums around the Internet. It's not just TDPRI. Guessing it's some software that many folks use.

This is not some huge problem, but I thought I'd bring it up.

9. younkint

Oct 14, 2007
    Spring, Texas

I did receive a notice re the "Blues Cube" thread. The blue button "View This Thread" link opened correctly. However, when clicking on the title of the thread "Roland Blues Cube Fan Club," the browser went to a "Server Not Found" page. When I copy that address from the email, it is:

http://www.tdpricom/threads/roland-blues-cube-fan-club.102458/page-54#post-8197551

Note that there is a "dot" missing again. This time no "dot" before "com" in "tdpri.com."

10. TDPRI

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    At this time, we can find no other report of this, nor can we see any reason on our end that could cause this to happen. So, for now, we're thinking that the issue is an issue with your email client. However, we appreciate your pointing this out and we'll be on the lookout for any other reports of this issue.

11. younkint

Oct 14, 2007
    Spring, Texas
    It's quite possible that it's my Apple Mail doing it. Quite a few folks are having issues with it after installing Mac OS High Sierra. Perhaps I'm another one. Thanks for looking into it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.